Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Baby Boy Hutchinson - the ongoing name saga

I've been wrestling with a name for my second son. Dad is dead set on Wolf/ Wolfgang and I am dead set against. It's been quite the battle and has honestly sucked all the fun out of naming my son. I finally cut and pasted the Nameberry top 100 and asked him to pick from that list (I gave away boy naming rights - don't ever do this, BTW). He has chosen Finn as a nn (which I do really like) with the full name being Finnean Wolf Hutchinson. I think that Finnean is not a great paring with our last name. I suggested Finlay, but he considers it to be a girl only name. Still, it is some progress. Any suggestions for other "Finn" names or could there be a mn pairing to make it work?

Finian/Finnian is usually spelled with i's not an "e". Wolf is ok in the middle spot but not as a first name. Putting it in the middle would be a nice compromise.

Other "Finn" Names

Finnegan
    Fintan
    Finbarr
    Fingal
    Griffin
    Thorfinn
    Ruffin
    Finch
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Finnegan Wolf Hutchison would get you to the Finn nn. I think that Finnegan sounds good with your last name.

I second Finnegan or Mischa's other "Finn" names if you need to get to Finn. I would be a bit careful about Finnean as it reads very similar to Fenian and that's a rather bold political statement to make, especially if it's not intentional: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fenian.

I think Finnegan Wolf Hutchinson is handsome! Finn is a nice nickname.
    Current Favorites:
    Elizabeth Lily nn Ellie
    Mary Emmeline nn Maisie
    Sarah Evangeline nn Sadie

Nathaniel nn Nate