Names Searched Right Now:
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Quote Originally Posted by fluzie View Post
    I absolutely love the idea of Forest nn Estie... I love the thought of it upfront but its very brave and a bit if a statement so you would need to be confident to pull it off! It's so memorable though as a first name... I i love it!!! picture a little fairy or a wood nymph with dark curly hair! It would be gorgeous in the middle too! But the nn Estie would be lost then and it's so adorable!!! If you have a boy Forrest would be an awesome name too!!
    I get the wood nymph visual with the name as well! Especially given the chance that any child would most likely have DH's "mane of lucious chocolate curls" (his words exactly).

Apart from the meaning the name now has, Estie is a selling point (or is it buying point if he suggested it?). I adore Essie and it could be used too. But Estie just feels more intuitive.

I would love to see Forest as a first actually. I picture a blonde forest nymph, gentle sweet and mysterious. I don't see it as masculine at all, even though it was on my boy list. It's a lush and evocative name.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

I love it, first or middle. Eliza isn't my favorite name of all time, but Eliza Forest is gorgeous. So is Forest Eliza, actually!

Fun fact, my dad dream-named me too! They had a short list for either gender, didn't know what they were having, and my dad had a dream that they had a little girl with big blue eyes and lots of dark hair, and named her Caitlin. My mom preferred the K spelling, but anyway, I was born with big blue eyes and a head full of dark hair, and they knew Kaitlin was my name. I've always loved that story, I know your future little one would too!
    k♥m
    mid-20s. grad student at AU.
    Leona · Vivian · Florence · Beatrix · Zelda
    August · Barnaby · Winston · Atlas · Milo

I went to school with a Forrest! She was spunky and funny and a little strange but in that amazingly awesome kinda way Whether it's in the first or the middle spot I think it's great
    My Favorites:

Colette Kristine. Alice Evanna. Gemma Elizabeth. Mabel Verity. Rosalie Grace.

Jack Jeffrey. Carson Luke. Felix James. Leo Patrick. River Justin.

can't wait to marry my love!

Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post
    I would love to see Forest as a first actually. I picture a blonde forest nymph, gentle sweet and mysterious. I don't see it as masculine at all, even though it was on my boy list. It's a lush and evocative name.
    I've pretty much come to the conclusion that Forest would be a first name. Yes, it's a bit unusual but it's easy to spell and it isn't an uncommon word.