Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    I'd highly recommend spelling it as Forest over Forrest (a tribute to the Civil War general). I actually find Forest and Forrest to be highly masculine names (I'm Southern, so I know a lot of male Forrests), so I would agree that it is best as a mn. It's nice to have a fn that indicates she's female for substitute teachers, job interviews, telemarketers, etc. Moreover, if Forrest/ Forest ever shoots up on the boy charts, she'd have another option to fall back on. Even though I'm generally opposed to using masculine names on girls, I think that this one is an exception as there's a really cool story behind it. It's much better than saying "I named you Forest, just because I thought it was funky." I also had a dream years ago (before I even met my husband), where I saw a son and a daughter. I heard myself yell "Emiliana!!!" at the girl, then woke up. So, if I ever have a daughter, she will be named Emiliana (a name I don't think I'd previously even heard). Eliza Forest is beautiful, and I think she'll be happy to have a story with the name.
    Emiliana Pari Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Raphael
    Camellia, Valentina

Eliza Forest is very cool!

Quote Originally Posted by lucialucentum View Post
    I think as a middle name, Forest works just fine.
    I'm just hesitant about name dreams where the child from the dream was kind of like this big ideal.

I do really like both Eliza Forest and Anna Forest, they're sweet and Forest is a pretty cool nature name in the middle.
    Years ago there was a show on MTV where they'd dress people up like celebrities and have them recreate a music video and there was a girl on the episode for Lady Marmelade name Forrest... I remember when that episode aired, there were a lot of posts about For(r)est on a girl.
    And for what it's worth, I can definitely see a girl named Forest with the looks your husband described
    I know what you mean about an ideal child in a dream being the basis for a name. I'm hesitant about it in general, but the way my husband's eyes light up when he says it is really what sold it to me. He loves it and really feels that it's our childs name. I don't have it in me to say no to that.

I've never been one to really get into MTV, and didn't know they had a show like that. I have a Google mission tonight!

Thank you!
    Last edited by nomadia; May 21st, 2013 at 11:18 PM. Reason: forgot an 'and'

Quote Originally Posted by nomadia View Post
    I know what you mean about an ideal child in a dream being the basis for a name. I'm hesitant about it in general, but the way my husband's eyes light up when he says it is really what sold it to me. He loves it really feels that it's our childs name. I don't have it in me to say no to that.

I've never been one to really get into MTV, and didn't know they had a show like that. I have a Google mission tonight!

Thank you!
    I totally get not being able to say no to any type of a name passion. I'm kind of in the same position, and so even if maybe it wouldn't be your first pick, having him be so excited can definitely make a name more usable.

I honestly am slightly embarrassed I remember that Forrest-on-a-girl-MTV-show anecdote, haha. Such a random reference. I can't remember what the show was called, though.
    Lucia
    Sela, Iris, Bronwen and Bastian, Fletcher, Gideon

Quote Originally Posted by tfzolghadr View Post
    I'd highly recommend spelling it as Forest over Forrest (a tribute to the Civil War general). I actually find Forest and Forrest to be highly masculine names (I'm Southern, so I know a lot of male Forrests), so I would agree that it is best as a mn. It's nice to have a fn that indicates she's female for substitute teachers, job interviews, telemarketers, etc. Moreover, if Forrest/ Forest ever shoots up on the boy charts, she'd have another option to fall back on. Even though I'm generally opposed to using masculine names on girls, I think that this one is an exception as there's a really cool story behind it. It's much better than saying "I named you Forest, just because I thought it was funky." I also had a dream years ago (before I even met my husband), where I saw a son and a daughter. I heard myself yell "Emiliana!!!" at the girl, then woke up. So, if I ever have a daughter, she will be named Emiliana (a name I don't think I'd previously even heard). Eliza Forest is beautiful, and I think she'll be happy to have a story with the name.
    I don't typically 'do' boy's names on girls. This is my rare exception and that's because of the meaning/story behind it. I really dislike the spelling Forrest so that's not an issue.

Emiliana is gorgeous!

Thanks!