Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

DH's Dream Name: A Hypothetical Situation.

Last night when DH awoke from a nap he was unusually excited. He had had a sweet dream

In this dream we had a daughter and she was 'perfect' in every way. She had my light eyes and his dark, curly hair. She had a sweet personality and a big voice. But, most importantly, she was daddy's little girl.

He has apparently latched on to this dream and is now insistant that he knows we'll have a daugher and teased that he even knows her name.

I ignored him for a bit, but then curiosity got the best of me. I had to ask. It would save me the "trouble" of looking at other names after all. I assumed it would be something more common or in line with the names we had discussed. Eliza and Rosa, his favorites, sprang to mind.

I was way off.

Her name was Forest. I even went so far as to specifically ask if he was sure and we didn't just have an especially feminine son. He didn't find this amusing.

So, now DH has taken to tapping my stomach on passing and telling Estie to hurry up.

Which has me thinking... If we do have a daughter in the future, I might just be stuck with Forest.

I've been mulling over Eliza Forest or Anna Forest as alternatives to Forest as a first. What do you think? Any suggestions?

Eliza Forest is incredibly spunky and cool. I love it!
    TTC

Girls - decided!
    Boys - Arthur - Desmond - Edmund - Edwin - Frederick - so hard to choose!

Forest is a fantastic middle name. But I would not use it as a first for a girl. Would pair it with something short and spunky but a little vintage for a first name. Eliza Forest is fab.

Sadie Forest
    Ada Forest
    Evie Forest
    Greta Forest

Or if you want to be influenced by this dream without actually using Forest, what about something like Sylvia?

Quote Originally Posted by gateauxgato View Post
    Forest is a fantastic middle name. But I would not use it as a first for a girl. Would pair it with something short and spunky but a little vintage for a first name. Eliza Forest is fab.

Sadie Forest
    Ada Forest
    Evie Forest
    Greta Forest

Or if you want to be influenced by this dream without actually using Forest, what about something like Sylvia?
    Ada Forest is lovely.

I would go the influence route if I were the only one making the decision. However, I have another half that is refusing it.

I like Eliza Forest!

There's also Arden, the forest from As You Like It.