Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Peruvian name for Baby Boy Duffield - HELP!

We need a name for boy born in Peru.

Rafael
    Xavier
    Luca
    Joaquin
    Sebastian
    Hugo
    Isadore

What do you like best? Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
    Last edited by bethanyz; November 6th, 2013 at 10:55 AM.

I like the name Santiago, but I see the Interview With The Vampire character, but I think you could make it work! Rafael is wonderful too, but how does this reflect where you live now? ^^
    WTTC 2017
    Gaia Eleanor | Aurora Melody |
    Proud Auntie/cousin to;
    Smilla (6-5-09), Noah (29-5-10), Silke (23-8-11), Sophia (18-11-11), Victoria (13-8-13) & Alex (18-12-14)

Loved names
    Henry Oliver | Laurel Maria | Ianto Lior | Bobbie Frances | Cecil Oswald |

Thanks!

In Peru, or well, in Lima, most people have a spanish/latin american name. Quechua is the language in the mountains and we loved the name 'Chaska' for a girl, meaning 'star'... But no great Quechua names for boys out there... Rafael is our neighbors name, kind of like a grandfather here to Malaika...

I also like Felix, Nico, Cruz (but shy away because of Beckhams), Tobias (though think husband won't like), and maybe Diego (though Dora the Explorer comes to mind), Mischa, THANKS!

I'd go for Rafael. I think it's an awesome and bold name, with some great nns. More importantly, though, it would have a meaningful connection not only to Lima, but also to a special person in your life. I can imagine that it would mean a lot to him if you named your son Rafael, and it would be a great reminder for your son of a great person, not only a great place. My other choices would be Xavier or Joaquin. The only name I really don't like would be Diego... not only bc of Dora, but also because it looks like "die go"... never liked that, sorry.
    Emiliana Pari 郑煜曈 '14

XX: Artemisia Baran, Ilaria Katayoun, Acadia Laleh, Rosalind Soraya, Camellia Sitareh, Aida Tahmineh

XY: Raphael Artin, Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Aryo Matthias, Lorenzo Kaveh