Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Alma on my mind

Alma on my mind

hi everyone,
    am due in september and really love the name Alma for our little girl. it's a bit old fashioned but i can only think of calling her like this. I think it's cute and quite uncommon. When i think of her, I think of her as Alma.....
    We live in italy and I want a short international name that cannot be abbreviated.
    My bofriend however, doesn't like it at all...

Any tips on changing his mind or other similar names?

thanks!

I like Alma very much. Names similar in feel... Clara, Elisa, Mara, Lila, Dalia, Serena, Aurelia, Lucilla...
    Sorry for bad English, I am from other country

If he likes to read you can give him Nicole Krauss' The History of Love. It changed my mind about Alma.

Similar names that comes to mind: Alba and Alva (obvious I know, but they're beautiful and work well in Italia)
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

thanks, nice names! i actually also have Aurelia and Dalia in my list but for now they jsut don't sound like 'my' girl

thanks ottilie, should try that , History of love was the book that changed MY opinion about the name. Before it was just the name of my grandmother's best friend