Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Quote Originally Posted by essjay View Post
    My favourites are Heidi Bianca (gorgeous!!), Mollie Angharad (though I prefer the Molly spelling) and Cerys Anna. The only name I strongly don't like is Irelyn- if it's supposed to be Ireland, there's a d on the end. Irelyn and Ireland aren't even pronounced the same.
    Thank you. Mollie spelling is undecided at the min. Angharad & Cerys are from my welsh side. It's not supposed to be Ireland I seen someone with the name Irelyn and she came from Ireland and I thought it was quite sweet, to have a name that is associated with the place of where the heritage is from. I know there pronounced differently I just like the association to Ireland. Which is why I paired it with a very common Irish name.

Thank you louie & ellieberry

Quote Originally Posted by kellymarie1992 View Post
    If it was a first name Angel then I wouldnt do it but I don't see the problem with it being a middle name. - My MIL said it was sweet and she's religious. - My grampy was called David Fred. but were thinking of calling a Boy Freddie David or Freddie Spencer were also talking about Rhys Dafydd (Welsh version on David). - I'm not a fan of all the variations of Fred e.g. Freda/Frederika etc. and my boyfriend aint too keen on really unique names or really old fashioned names. - my grandad was in the navy and he loved boats but i'v never really looked into names to do with things like these. - if I remember righly he liked Blue and Purple if i remember rightly. I don't mind the names as a middle but i wouldnt be a fan of calling a girl Blue as a first name.

I don't see a problem with Angel in the middle, either. I think Freddie David, Freddie Spencer, or Rhys Dafydd are all lovely names for boys, fwiw! If you're planning on any more children, you could wait and see if you get a boy. If you're only planning on two though or want to honor your grandfather now rather than wait, I totally understand.

David and Fred are pretty hard to feminize. The only one I can personally think of at the moment is Vida, using some of the letters from David (pronounced VEE-dah, like the Spanish word for Life which is a nice meaning on top of it). You could also use Navy for him being a navy veteran, or Violet, Lavender, or Lilac (as alternatives to purple) if you don't like Blue. If he had a particular type of boat that he liked best, you could also look into the names of different types of boats to get some ideas. Personally, I think Violet goes very well with Amy-Louise as sisters!

If I recall correctly, one of your Welsh names Angharad is similar to Anchoret, you could use that as a subtle tie-in to his fondness for boats if that suits you. Or you could use something in the middle like Oceane/Oceana, Sailor (I know I keep mentioning this but I love it for a girl), or Harbor.

David also means "beloved" and Fred "peaceful ruler", so you could choose something that means the same or similar.

Good luck!
    contemplating combos:
    August David Dodge · August Henry Dodge · Barnaby Viggo Paul · Barnaby Atlas Paul
    Leona Vesper Lynn · Vivian Lillie Revere · Florence Patricia Mae · Zelda Katherine Rose

Quote Originally Posted by greyer View Post
    I don't see a problem with Angel in the middle, either. I think Freddie David, Freddie Spencer, or Rhys Dafydd are all lovely names for boys, fwiw! If you're planning on any more children, you could wait and see if you get a boy. If you're only planning on two though or want to honor your grandfather now rather than wait, I totally understand.

David and Fred are pretty hard to feminize. The only one I can personally think of at the moment is Vida, using some of the letters from David (pronounced VEE-dah, like the Spanish word for Life which is a nice meaning on top of it). You could also use Navy for him being a navy veteran, or Violet, Lavender, or Lilac (as alternatives to purple) if you don't like Blue. If he had a particular type of boat that he liked best, you could also look into the names of different types of boats to get some ideas. Personally, I think Violet goes very well with Amy-Louise as sisters!

If I recall correctly, one of your Welsh names Angharad is similar to Anchoret, you could use that as a subtle tie-in to his fondness for boats if that suits you. Or you could use something in the middle like Oceane/Oceana, Sailor (I know I keep mentioning this but I love it for a girl), or Harbor.

David also means "beloved" and Fred "peaceful ruler", so you could choose something that means the same or similar.

Good luck!
    Thank you. I like these names also. Were planning of 4 at least so I got a while yet. I'm just trying to have a few options on names etc. as Amy-Louise was going to be Abigail and Emily before she was born but then my boyfriend decided he wanted Amy-Louise. Due to my boyfriend being a nightmare with names.

That was the trouble I was finding. - I kinda like Vida and the meaning is sweet also. I like Navy but i'd probably use as a middle. Violet is sweet I kinda like that. I do like Lavender also. I like Lilac and Blue but I'd use them as middle names.

I quite like Anchoret and Oceana but i'm not sure my boyfriend will like them. I like Sailor and Harbor also but i'm not sure if he will like it as he likes kinda old names but ones that kids wont get picked on for like Amy & Emily.

Well Amy means beloved. Louise means famous warrior. I'm just conserned as Emily and Amy are variations of each other.