Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question Penelope.... with our last name?

Hi Berries! I posted a poll of our top 4 girls names, (Margaret, Vivienne, Beatrix, Penelope). Most everyone really likes Beatrix and Vivienne the best, and Beatrix is my current #1 favorite. However, DH really LOVES Penelope, and I do too! I think Penelope is just the kind of name we are looking for and goes great with brothers Sebastian, Oliver, and Elliott. The only problem I see is our last name, Payne-Wardle. Big brother already has this last name (oldest 2, have a different last name altogether as they are my children with my ex-H). DH actually likes the way Penelope Payne-Wardle sounds, he loves alliterations. He was so sweet saying it sounds like poetry to him <3 Anyway, so here I am again, asking fellow name-nerds if it does sound bad, or good, or whatever you think.
    Last edited by lizzyq; February 4th, 2014 at 03:09 PM.
    Mama to 4 handsome, awesome boys!
    Sebastian, Oliver, Elliott and August

Penelope Payne-Wardle sounds like a comic book character, but that's not a bad thing! Its memorable and sweet, I like it
    Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

I love Penelope and think it sounds perfectly fine with your last name. All of your names are fantastic -- you can't go wrong! But I definitely wouldn't worry about the alliteration thing. I know so many people with alliterative names, and it has never seemed like an issue. Penelope Payne-Wardle is lovely!
    Mom to Alexander Patrick (10), Madelyn Esther (8), Genevieve Susan (3), and Theodore James (stillborn at 37 weeks on February 3, 2014). Expecting #5 in May 2015.

Boys: Everett, Sebastian, Augustus, Samuel, Abraham, Elias, Julian, Silas, Nicholas, Desmond, Jasper, Ezekiel
    Girls: Bridget, Felicity, Elizabeth, Leona, Ophelia, Caroline, Aurelia, Elysia, Callista, Miriam, Isabelle, Delilah

Vote on my long list! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9844996

I think it sounds just fine!

I think it's fine. I love the Penny Lane idea. (That song is going to be stuck in my head all day, now. ) Lila + Payne = Lane. Penny Lane. <3
    Madison, 14-year-old name nerd! My style is all over the place, my favorites change all the time.

Boys: David, Eric, Finlay, George, James, Jude, Lee, Michael, Paul, Richard, Rory.

Girls: Emmanuelle, Frederica, Jayne, Juliet, Lauren, Mary, Molly, Nora, Raffaela, Stella.