Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Tulip Isobel / Tulip Juliet: both work but I slightly prefer Juliet.

I'm not sure how to pronounce Ithaca?? So I'm not going to comment on those combos

Birdie Bleu- this is really turning up the cutesy dial. Do you like Bridie?

Aurora Orchid- love! I don't think Aurora will get really popular.

Starling Rose - like

Quote Originally Posted by milenaviolet View Post
    I'm not sure how to pronounce Ithaca??
    ith-the-kah

I'm not very good at typing out pronunciations, so here's the audio: http://www.forvo.com/word/ithaca/
    ~inside this teenberry's mind ~
    ~
    Vote on combo possibilities (updated 4/5/14)
    ~
    Slowly reconstructing
    ~
    ♀ ~ Adair ~ Cassia ~ Cecilia ~ Cordelia ~ Ivy ~ Kestrel ~ Lyra ~ Mary ~ Petra ~ Shira ~

♂ ~ Benjamin ~ Caspian ~ Finnian ~ Jack ~ Julian ~ Levi ~ Nathaniel ~ Ronan ~ Tristan ~

☺ ~ Cassia Jane ~ Cordelia Alice ~ Ivy Seraphina ~ Lyra Genevieve ~ Mary Valentina ~ Shira Beatrix ~
    ~ Jack Peregrine ~ Julian Hawthorne ~ Ronan Wilder ~

Considering: ~ Finnegan ~

Quote Originally Posted by tay2thestars View Post
    I think Ithaca Rose is lovely! Rose grounds Ithaca and enhances it. Even though it may not be the most inspiring middle name, Ithaca is so unusual, even the plainest, most overused middle names would sound lovely with it.

I love the sound of Ithaca Ivy as well. I think the alliteration works extremely well and both names have such a mysterious vibe to them.

Oh and I pronounce Petra (Peh-tra)
    I agree that is my only concern. Rose has been used so many times. But it is my favorite flower and I have tattoos of roses. Also I like how you said it kind of grounds the name. Ithaca Ivy has a whole other vibe going. I agree with the mysterious and its more non traditional vibe.

I think Petra may be out I am not loving it and can't picture myself saying it or using it when talking about our future child.

Do you like Starling Rose?
    Last edited by scarlett13001; May 21st, 2013 at 10:42 PM.
    TTC #1
    Hoping to have a little Ragazzo or Ragazza soon.

Quote Originally Posted by milenaviolet View Post
    Tulip Isobel / Tulip Juliet: both work but I slightly prefer Juliet.

I'm not sure how to pronounce Ithaca?? So I'm not going to comment on those combos

Birdie Bleu- this is really turning up the cutesy dial. Do you like Bridie?

Aurora Orchid- love! I don't think Aurora will get really popular.

Starling Rose - like

Tulip- my boyfriend prefers Isobel over Juliet.

Birdie Bleu- is the cutesy dial being turned up a bad thing or its a preference or person?

Aurora Orchid has definitely grown on me a lot since the berries have mentioned the combo. I could not go with Orchid as a first due to its other meaning. It would just feel wrong. I can see myself calling our future child that if it is a girl.

Starling Rose- He just vetoed that one. :/

You pronounce Ithaca like: Ith-ah-ka or Ith-the-ka like tay2thestars said.
    Last edited by scarlett13001; May 21st, 2013 at 10:43 PM.
    TTC #1
    Hoping to have a little Ragazzo or Ragazza soon.

Quote Originally Posted by scarlett13001 View Post
    I agree that is my only concern. Rose has been used so many times. But it is my favorite flower and I have tattoos of roses. Also I like how you said it kind of grounds the name. Ithaca Ivy has a whole other vibe going. I agree with the mysterious and its more non traditional vibe.

I think Petra may be out I am not loving it and can't picture myself saying it or using it when talking about our future child.

Do you like Starling Rose?
    Have you considered some of the Rose variations? I personally think that Rose herself is queen and loveliest of all, but there are some nice alternatives that aren't as popular.

Trying to stay away from the more obvious ones...
    Ithaca Rosine
    Ithaca Roselle
    Ithaca Rosemarie
    Ithaca Primrose
    Ithaca Raizel (Hebrew; meaning rose)
    Ithaca Rasine (Polish; meaning rose)

Both Ivy and Rose are amazing with Ithaca; it's so difficult to choose my favorite. Ithaca Ivy Rose actually looks quite lovely, but perhaps too much nature? But between Ithaca Ivy and Ithaca Rose...I'd have to lean ever so slightly to Ithaca Ivy, just because of that vibe it gives off.

Starling Rose is pretty and actually, I think Ithaca and Starling would be an adorable sister set! That being said, I feel like Rose belongs to Ithaca (if Ivy doesn't ). From your name list, I must say that the combo Starling Aurora is simply jaw-dropping for me. Ithaca Ivy/Rose and Starling Aurora...Love it!!!
    ~inside this teenberry's mind ~
    ~
    Vote on combo possibilities (updated 4/5/14)
    ~
    Slowly reconstructing
    ~
    ♀ ~ Adair ~ Cassia ~ Cecilia ~ Cordelia ~ Ivy ~ Kestrel ~ Lyra ~ Mary ~ Petra ~ Shira ~

♂ ~ Benjamin ~ Caspian ~ Finnian ~ Jack ~ Julian ~ Levi ~ Nathaniel ~ Ronan ~ Tristan ~

☺ ~ Cassia Jane ~ Cordelia Alice ~ Ivy Seraphina ~ Lyra Genevieve ~ Mary Valentina ~ Shira Beatrix ~
    ~ Jack Peregrine ~ Julian Hawthorne ~ Ronan Wilder ~

Considering: ~ Finnegan ~