Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

What do you think of Ashley for a boy?

I think the name Ashley is so cute for a boy. I've never liked it for a girl, it sounds shallow to me. But I just love it for a boy. I started Gone With The Wind and I love it even more! What do you guys think? Is it usable or will it become usable for a boy? Or should I just keep it on my GP list?
    Just another teenberry and writer, a lover of names
    Current Favorites:
    | Zoe | Selene | Thalia | Lilia | Jane | Persephone | Alice | Ariadne | Nicoletta | Natalia |

| Dimitri | Augustus | Jude | Basil | Abram | Thomas | Samuel | Paul | Tobias | Ambrose |
    Pondering:
    | Cora | Delia | Lena | Raphaela | Ephraim | Thaddeus |

GP:
    | Thisbe | Cassiopeia | Briseis | Mercy | Lachlan | Emerson | Callum | Owen |

Have a fabulous day!

I actually really like it for a boy and I have a teenage family member named Ashley. He doesn't go by Ash. He's very boyish too. Honestly, the kids in his peer group, since they grew up with him (and with people with much weirder names like boys named Jamolly etc) they really don't seem fazed by it. They're all used to it. It's only the adults who seem to make faces at it.

I think it's handsome and actually find it much fresher and cooler on a boy nowadays.
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

Love, love love!! I had 3 males named Ashley at my high school. It makes me think of gone with the wind. I prefer it on a male.

I love it! I vastly prefer it on a male than on a female, and would use it in a heartbeat.
    Adelaide ~ Alice ~ Eliza ~ Julia ~ Lea ~ Lior ~ Mira ~ Penelope ~ Stella ~ Vivienne
    Augustin ~ Dáire ~ Damian ~ Eli ~ Felix ~ Leo ~ Linus ~ Sebastian ~ Tristan ~ Theodore

I think it would be a cruel name to give to a son. Once a name becomes popular as a girls name, it comes across as very effeminate on a boy. If you are going to use, seek out some grown male Ashley's ask how much they like their name.

I knew a woman who named her son Leslie as it was originally a boys name and was in her family tree. I spoke to him when he was in his early 20's and he told me he grew up hating his name because he was teased mercilessly for having a girls name. At 18, he dropped use of his first name and went by L. David xxxx for then on.
    I like simple yet versatile names that work well for the athlete, the comic, the genius, and the judge.