Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I crazy?

Hybrid View

Am I crazy?

Okay, so there are a lot of names that I like, but feel that I cant use because of what they make me think of. If you met a child named ...... would you think .......?

Troy - Troy Bolton (High School Musical)
    Toby - Toby Ziegler (West Wing)
    Ryder - Flynn Ryder (Tangled)
    Sawyer - Tom Sawyer (by Mark Twain)
    Casper - the ghost
    Adam - the Addams family
    Caspian - Prince Caspian (a Chronicles of Narnia movie)
    Everett - Mt. Everest
    Cullen - Twilight
    Hudson - the Hudson river
    Atticus - Atticus Finch (To Kill a Mockingbird)
    Carter - US president Jimmy Carter

Charlotte - "The Charlotte" (a boat in National Treasure)
    Scarlett - Gone with the wind, the Scarlett Letter (Nathaniel Hawthorne)
    Cosette - Les Miserables

Are there any of these that you would immediately think of when hearing the name? Thanks!
    Current Favorites:
    { Adelyn :: Elisabeth "Elise" Kate :: Cassandra "Cassie" Vivienne :: Charlotte "Charlie" Lorraine :: Adelina :: Josephine "Josie" }
    { Everett Cole :: Adam Carson :: Camden Bennett :: Alexander "Xander" Mason :: Aidan Blake :: William "Liam" Anthony }

Yes to: Toby (I'm a huge West Wing fan and he was always one of my favourites!), Sawyer, Caspian, Hudson (I also think of one of my fav songs but as it's about the river...), Scarlett and Cosette.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Troy - Troy Bolton (High School Musical) - No, I don't think of Troy Bolton from High School Musical b/c I know several guys with the name Troy, they are always nice guys with good sesnes of humor.

Toby - Toby Ziegler (West Wing) - No, definitely not, but I don't watch the West Wing.

Ryder - Flynn Ryder (Tangled) - Yes, but I don't think it's a bad thing, I think that Ryder would work well as a name for a boy.

Sawyer - Tom Sawyer (by Mark Twain) -Yes, but it's a good association.

Casper - the ghost - Yes, unfortunately, but I don't think that many kids these days know about Casper the ghost, so you can use this.

Adam - the Addams family - Nope, this name is great! Love, love love the name Adam.

Caspian - Prince Caspian (a Chronicles of Narnia movie) - Yes, it does make me think of Prince Caspian.

Everett - Mt. Everest - Nope, I just think that Everett is a strong and handsome name!

Cullen - Twilight - Yes

Hudson - the Hudson river- No

Atticus - Atticus Finch (To Kill a Mockingbird) - Yes, I think of Atticus Finch, but again, it can be a good association. I know a little boy with the name Atticus and he pulls it off very well.

Carter - US president Jimmy Carter- Nope.

Charlotte - "The Charlotte" (a boat in National Treasure) - No, I don't think of the boat in National Treasurer.

Scarlett - Gone with the wind, the Scarlett Letter (Nathaniel Hawthorne)- Yes, I think of Scarlett O'Hara from Gone with the Wind, but this name has been used a lot recently and most people wouldn't have an immediate connection of Scarlett with Gone with the Wind.

Cosette - Les Miserables - Yeah, but that's just b/c the movie just came out recently.

Troy - Troy Bolton (High School Musical)- no
    Toby - Toby Ziegler (West Wing)- I don't even know who that is
    Ryder - Flynn Ryder (Tangled)- no
    Sawyer - Tom Sawyer (by Mark Twain)- a little
    Casper - the ghost- definitely.
    Adam - the Addams family- not at all. If anything, I think of atom, but that only makes the name better for me.
    Caspian - Prince Caspian (a Chronicles of Narnia movie)- yes
    Everett - Mt. Everest- kind of, not really.
    Cullen - Twilight- yes
    Hudson - the Hudson river- yes, but I've spent most of my life within 10 miles of it, so I may not be a great judge.
    Atticus - Atticus Finch (To Kill a Mockingbird)- yes
    Carter - US president Jimmy Carter- nope.

Charlotte - "The Charlotte" (a boat in National Treasure)- no
    Scarlett - Gone with the wind, the Scarlett Letter (Nathaniel Hawthorne)- A little bit to both, but it's more the sound that keeps me from liking this name
    Cosette - Les Miserables- yes. Victor Hugo is said to have invented this name- not sure if that's true, but it's definitely the earliest usage I've heard of.

Casper, Troy, Hudson, Cullen, Atticus and Ryder all make me think of what you sad. Doesn't mean those names are not usable, though. People will think of your Casper instead of the ghost, your Atticus and your Ryder. Cullen and Hudson are quite obvious to me, and the meanings I see will always be there for me.
    Shealah
    Teenberry, name loving girl.
    xo

Favorites:
    Lucy, Madeline, Caroline, Kylie, Bryn, Audrey/Aubrey, & Sierra
    Eli, Caden, Camden, Riley and Caleb

Guilty Pleasures:
    Clementine & Tiara