Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Longtime name nerd having trouble naming her first baby! Help!

So after a two year struggle with unexplained infertility and a truely unexpected BFP my fiancé and I have just found out we are having a BOY! My fiancé is seriously overjoyed as he has been hoping from day one to have a boy but I'm finding myself weirdly let down. My sister has a two year old son & another boy on the way and though I am happy my son will have boy cousins to play with my sister's very vocal hope that I was having a girl has rubbed off on me and now I'm having trouble getting excited about naming a boy instead of a girl. My girl's name list was so exciting to me! So many of my personal favorites were approved by my fiancé and I feel like girl names leave so much more room for whimsy and originality. I have to say goodbye to Rosemary, Penelope, Gemma, Maple, Phoebe, Marigold, Bethany, Daphne, Clover, Miriam, and Lilac. *deep sigh*

I'm glad my fiancé and I have a good list of names that we both like but I'm having trouble making combos that feel right, have good flow, and also have that special twist that I want so badly. Here's where you come in, Berries! Please help me move forward and feel more comfortable actually naming my baby! We are due in October. The baby's last name sounds like Gaw-ris and I would love to hear your opinions on our list, which names you think work best in the first name spot, what combos you think work with our last name, and any suggestions you have of new names to run by my fiancé. Here we go!

Names we both like:
    Bruno
    Griffin
    Xavier
    Ronan
    Ezekiel
    Abram
    Wyatt
    Archer
    North
    River
    Tobias
    Lionel

Possible middles (besides the list above):
    Noble
    Halcyon
    Oak
    Patrick
    Stephen
    Thomas
    Nicholas
    Daniel
    Michael

aaand even though it probably doesn't help anything...

Names I love that he vetoed:
    Reuben
    Quentin
    Rocco
    Winston
    Tobin
    Haldan
    Samson
    Wade
    Malcolm
    Lachlan

Thanks for your time, Berries. It is so strange and overwhelming to finally be naming a baby I have been dreaming about for so long. I really appreciate any and all help in finding him the perfect name.

I went to a baby shower this weekend and the baby boy to be will be named Ronan. I think it's a great name!

With your middles....

Ronan Patrick or
    Ronan Michael

Both great choices in my opinion!
    TTC #1

I'm also voting for Ronan, it's my favourite from your list. I love Ronan Patrick, or Ronan Xavier.

I think Tobias North would also be very cool and handsome.

Although it's hard to let go of your girls' list, you really don't have to. Just save it for next time. And be very excited to name your little boy! Congratulations!

Congrats to you, Ellieberry! You're having your first baby so try and concentrate on that miracle and think of having a healthy baby rather than gender disappointment.

With a surname sounding like Gaw-ris, I would avoid first names ending in an "s" (boo-hoo to Tobias for a first name but it would be ok for a middle name).

Xavier Noble
    Ezekiel North
    Wyatt Oak
    Lionel Patrick
    Bruno Tobias
    Ronan Thomas
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Oh, please use Bruno! It's so unexpected.
    Most of the other first name options are ones I see a lot here on Nameberry, so they're not quite as interesting. I do love many of them, though, especially:
    Abram
    Archer
    Ezekiel
    Abe, Archie and Zeke are such cute nns.

I just love Tobias, too, though perhaps not with your last name.

For middles, I really like Oak, though it doesn't work well with Bruno.
    Last edited by triss; May 20th, 2013 at 10:10 PM. Reason: spelling mistake
    Forty-something mom to three teenage girls and an eleven-year-old boy
    Foster mom to two sweet sisters born Aug 2011 and Sept 2012 and another wee girl born Aug 2013