Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Clara Oswin Oswald....

I guess it's pretty obvious I'm a fan of Doctor Who, and when I heard the newest companions name I became obsessed with the way it sounds. Especially her middle name, Oswin!

My fiance and I are pretty partial the the name Piper Elise or possibly Piper Arvinia (pronounced Arvinya) but I can't get the name Oswin out of my head! Can anyone think of any names using Oswin? I've looked other places online but it's so uncommon I can't find anything.

I think Oswin is usually 100% masculine. When I saw Clara Oswin Oswald, I figured it was a family surname given as a middle, or something along those lines. According to Nameberry's database, it means "God's friend," which I think is lovely, but it doesn't have a particularly pleasing sound or look to me, personally, sorry. I think you could do Piper Arvinia Oswin or something along those lines, if you wanted to use it and/or nod to your love of the show.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

I'm a huge Doctor Who fan, so I may be biased, but I LOVE Oswin! It probably would be a bit much for a first name, but I think it works well in the middle. If you see yourself being a lifelong Doctor Who fan, I say go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by ashthedreamer View Post
    I think Oswin is usually 100% masculine. When I saw Clara Oswin Oswald, I figured it was a family surname given as a middle, or something along those lines. According to Nameberry's database, it means "God's friend," which I think is lovely, but it doesn't have a particularly pleasing sound or look to me, personally, sorry. I think you could do Piper Arvinia Oswin or something along those lines, if you wanted to use it and/or nod to your love of the show.
    I agree with this.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

Her name is Clara Oswald. I thought she was only Oswin Oswald when she was the Dalek version of her.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.