Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Goodie, glad to hear that! We've been able to find some names we think would suit her; a few based on the nickname we use for her now (Roo) and a few that just suit her. So now we're trying to find out which one we like for her the most. It's nine names right now, but we're getting there... You?
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

We are finding it difficult, my SO seems to avoid discussion and I then feel like I am nagging , I think he hopes I change my mind still, but when I say this he gets mad. Last night I set a limit- we must have a new name by end of next week as she will be starting to recognise her name soon- although I tend to call her a variety of nns at the mo. I have about 5 names that 'feel' like her so it's just coming to an agreement now =) . I am seriously concerned with people's reactions though, but I need to push that fear to one side and do this for me and baby and not to please others as this is not going to go away .
    How are you testing your preference of name? Do you have a time limit?

Honestly, when I first started posting here there were an astounding amount of posts about people wanting to change their babies' names and I always thought they were a fakes because surely, there weren't that many people who thought they made the wrong choice; that they were just playing around with names and not wanting to wait the 9 months for a second faked pregnancy story on here. Come to find out, this problem is becoming more and more frequent, and it's documented. It actually makes me wish I'd done my masters so I could do some fieldwork about it *sigh*.
    Anyway, it seems as though this is a more common occurrence than I once thought... it actually makes me worried because I could just as easily feel this unrest in the future.

If I were projecting in to the future, and if I were to feel uneasy about what we'd named our child, I would probably form my final opinion on how my SO felt. If he were 100% secure and wasn't about to go through the naming process and my problem with the name was that I liked something better, then I'd let it go and keep the name. If we both felt like we'd made the wrong choice, I'd push to change it even if he wasn't sure if he wanted to go through it. I'd probably pull an, "All you have to do is talk about names some more. I'll take care of the paperwork" in hopes he'd agree.
    That being said, my parents agreed on my name with no issues, but I've never really identified with it. Parents can put decades of thought in to their kids' names, the kids may not feel like it's really their name anyway.
    Lucia
    Eleanora, Iluna, Iris, Sela, Seraphine
    Balthazar, Bastian, Caius, Felix, Gideon

I think my name regret Lucia, comes from not being true to myself and wanting to 'please people' . I apparantely have issues of compliance and anxiety that stem back to my childhood, being a premature baby in a complicated birth can have this long term effect -or so I have recently been told. i think maybe it is on the rise as once upon a time people would have stuck with the names they knew and loved from their favourite literature, names that they were comfortable with maybe? One factor behind my regret is not doing just this and also listening to family members and not my heart.

Lucia, I agree, I thought that as well. But now that it's happening to me, I see it differently. When I have another baby what I know for sure is that I am going to stay true to what I want, and I need to have a name I'm happy with for at least six months (I tend to change my mind a lot). I will also probably not decide on a name until I've known the baby for a while. But I am an extremely sensitive person.

Penelope, we need to do it as soon as possible really. We hadn't registered her birth before we decided to change it, so we're getting a fine. The longer it takes, the bigger the fine So I really want it done within a month (we're going to have a "name day" thing (like a christening) in July, and I'd like her name finalized a while before that!) We're trying to call her different names as well, I think we've narrowed it down to three we think really suit her, but they're a little out there... beautiful though.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]