Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lizzyq View Post
    I also love Daphne.. however, I think it may be too close to sister Phoebe.

Scarlett Marie gets my vote. I don't think Scarlett is too popular yet (but maybe in your area).

I love Ruby! Why can't you use it?
    Sorry this got long...

Ruby... *sigh*
    When we first had kids we said we would never use a name that starts with R both because our last name starts with R and because DH had problems saying R's as a child. He still does at times if he isn't careful. So that is something that bugs him.
    My other rule was that we couldn't use a name that had a well known song tied to it. My name is Mandy (Amanda) and growing up as a Mandy was torture for a shy kid. Every time my parents would run into someone and say "This is our daughter Mandy" I would get sang at. Heck I'm 32 now and it still happens regularly. Of the few people IRL that I've mentioned Ruby to all of them have sang a song. There is "Ruby Tuesday", "Ruby don't you take your love to town." and then the Max and Ruby theme song.
    And... lastly our 20mth old will say Ruby but it doesn't sound like Ruby it comes out as Booby. Now she will outgrow that but I'm afraid I run the risk of the 13 and 12 yr olds picking that up and continuing to call a Ruby by Booby at times.

Despite all of that it's still on the list and it's me who refuses to take it off.

I know 4 little girls in our small circle of family and friends named Scarlett. All of them are going by nicknames at this point, but still their first names are all Scarlett. So it gives me pause, but I think it is a name that both works well with our other kids names and would fit what this little girl will more then likely look like. I really wanted to use Vivien as a nod to Vivien Leigh from Gone with the Wind... but Dh hates it. He claims that whenever he sees the name he thinks it says Vixen and we can't use that for our daughter. I have been a huge Gone with the Wind fan since I was a little girl, but I don't know if maybe that is a reason NOT to use Scarlett more then a reason to use it. DH was the one who put it on the list.

Daphne with Phoebe doesn't bother me too much. It's Daphne with Caedmon and Kathryn that worries me. That and for some reason the name makes me think of the 1970s. Dh thinks it's because of the Scooby Doo character even though I've never really watched Scooby Doo.

Truth is I'm probably overthinking this.

I like Daphne... and I don't think it's too close to Phoebe. At one time, my DH and I loved them as a twin set because of the "ph" and ending in "E". And both have a Greek background.

That being said... if you think that Kathryn and Phoebe are more classic and Caedmon is more unique, then Ruby would also make your new little on stand out. I also love Bridget. And I can see that Kathryn and Bridget and classic while Phoebe and Caedmon are not as classic.

Good luck.
    Mom to:
    Weston Christopher, July 2008
    Keegan Nathaniel,
    Dec. 12, 2013
    Sebastian Miller,
    Dec. 12, 2013

Current loves:
    ~ Emerson ~ Eden ~ Rosalind ~ Caroline ~ Matilda ~ Gemma ~

~ Landon ~ Kellan ~ Asher ~ Griffin ~ Archer ~ Edison ~ Holden ~ Harrison ~ Elliot ~

I like Violet best with Caedmon, Kathryn and Phoebe. I don't like Daphne as all I can think about is the character in Scooby-Doo.

Whoa - those names are all over the place.
    Personally, I don't think any of them are the one.
    You might like:
    Bria
    Danica
    Delphine
    Esme
    Rhiannon
    Cassandra
    Diana
    Luna
    Celeste
    Celine/Selene

Since Daphne is the favorite of DH and both of your older kids I say use it unless you don't like it. I really like Bridget with your kids names. I don't really think Vivien fits with your kids but you said that didn't matter so would a change in spelling help you could use Vivian or Vivienne.
    Sara Beth Cook wife to Ross Allen Cook 03.11.06
    Mama to Lilla Clare 12.05.09 and Vivienne Grace 03.16.12
    Sylvie | Rosalie | Cecily | Eleanor | Rufus | Jasper | Graham