Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I vote for Aveline (Av-uh-leen)!

Crushing on
    ♥ Rosa ♥ Elsie ♥ Flora ♥ Inga ♥ Adele ♥
    ♥ Axel ♥ Odin ♥ Ingo ♥ Tore ♥ Olle ♥

among others

~ From Sweden - Feel free to ask if you want to know anything about Swedish names! ~

I agree with you all about Avangeline... the more i think about it, the less i like it... Evangeline is a great name, the last thing I want to do is ruin it.

Aoife, although clearly not Ava, would be acceptable for the family... It was my grandmothers name before she changed after moving ti the US.

I think we are most liking Aveline, or a varient if that...

I really like the suggestion of Aviana too, and just thought of Avery as well.
    Last edited by meathibs; May 20th, 2013 at 01:43 PM.

Aveline is definitely my favorite, and the fact that it's pronounced differently doesn't really bother me (if Kit can be a nn for Christopher, and Posy for Josephine than Ava could definitely be a nn for Aveline in my book....)

You might also consider.....

Averil
    Avril
    Avila
    Avani
    Aveza
    Elisavet
    Havana
    Davia
    Genavieve
    Lavender
    Mavis
    Octavia
    Pavane
    Savannah
    Waverly
    Ottavia
    Ravenna

Good luck!
    Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

If you are going to call her Ava, then she will still be one of 5 Ava's in the classroom. I personally would stick with Ava, if that is what she will be called.

Quote Originally Posted by meathibs View Post

And, being irish myself, Aoife is a favorite I'm also considering. I also don't mind a double first name, so suggestions are definitely welcome for that!

Thanks for your help! Please opinionize and suggest away!

(I got rid of most of this post so you could see what I was talking about...)

I am also Irish and my grandparents speak some Gaelic so I adore the names like Aoife, Aoibheann, Aibhilin, Caoimhe, etc..

Not many Americans could accurately pronounce some of these names unless they have studied background in the Irish language or they just pick it up along the way, so I would stay away from some of the more complicated Irish names.
    ~Tali~

Girls: Ivy, Caroline, Bryony, Augusta, Idony, Adeline, Elizabeth, Sage, Delphine

Boys: Adrian, Halcyon, Everett, Nathaniel, Elliott, Brighton, Theodore, Levi, Camden