Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Our list is too British and we are not Help!

Updated: Right now our boys list is Rufus Graham and Jasper Rhys and our Surname is Cook. I feel as a whole these names might sound too British. We currently have 2 little girls Lilla Clare and Vivienne Grace and live in a small town in Midwest America. We also like Graham just as a first name, Elliot and August. If we have more girls they would be Scarlett Faye and/or Elinor June. Suggestions?
    Last edited by sarab.cook; May 20th, 2013 at 03:41 PM.
    Wife to Ross Allen Cook 03.11.06
    Mama to Lilla Clare 12.05.09 and Vivienne Grace 03.16.12
    TTC #3

I think you're list is awesome! As a fellow American I would love to meet a little boy named Rufus, Jasper & Simon..... As for too British Simon is a classic name, so I think it could work well in the US & I love it with Lilla & Vivenne. Jasper is #264 on the ssa list (which is actually more popular than August), so for me that says it's firmly established in the US. The only one that seems to be a little unexpected is Rufus.....

That being said you should feel comfortable with your childs name. From your other options I love Graham & August, neither is extraordinarily popular but are both well established and handsome sounding. Henry & Oliver are also handsome options they're just a little more popular.

Some suggestions.....
    Sawyer
    Finn
    Milo/Miles
    Leo
    Felix
    Edward
    Charles
    Alexander
    Crispin
    Christian
    Dashiell
    Declan
    Ian
    Theodore
    Julian
    Peter
    Asher
    Arthur
    Archer
    Maxwell
    Lucas
    Heath
    Dean
    Harrison
    Everett
    Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

They're not too British, they're solid and classic and 100% usable. Too British for the US (if that) would be Alfie or maybe Harvey.

I absolutely adore Rufus and I'm so happy to see it on a list, but I think Henry goes better with your girl names.
    Mom to two beautiful boys Milo Joseph and Caleb Edward with a girl on the way

Magnolia Bowen Coralie | Luna Margaret Coralie | Poppy Susanna Lee | Flora Margot Caroline | Willa Bowen Coraline | Georgia Bowen Coraline | Elizabeth Cora Suellen "Bess"

Leo Jacob Redmond | Dashiell Elias Peter | Madison Lee | Otto Philip | Oscar Gregory Todd | Bohan Lee Matteo | Beau Thomas Matteo

Milo and Caleb (b. 5/2/12)

That's really good to hear. Another concern, if we have another girl she will either be Elinor or Charlotte/Scarlett do they still work with both of those names or does one go better. I really like the sound of Graham and August and I do like Henry and Oliver as well but popularity is an issue there. Ironically Harvey is one of my sister's favorite boys names.
    Wife to Ross Allen Cook 03.11.06
    Mama to Lilla Clare 12.05.09 and Vivienne Grace 03.16.12
    TTC #3