Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by moonkai View Post
    I will have to tell you the story of our last name sometime - It is actually extremely hilarious, but the point is that my husband and I both had extremely unfortunate last names (My maiden name is super uncommon so I won't say what it was, but his was Ball and mine was similar to Harlot) so when we got married we decided to comb through the family tree for a better last name. We debated between Ashton and Love, but inevitably couldn't resist Love (which was my husband's grandmother's maiden name). So we totally cheated
    That is so cool! We're considering doing the same. We both have the same really fabulous surname on our family trees, and since I don't really want to take his surname (feels anti-feminist to me) and he doesn't want to take mine as it's not very pretty, we're really thinking we might do it. Love that you did it!!
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post
    That is so cool! We're considering doing the same. We both have the same really fabulous surname on our family trees, and since I don't really want to take his surname (feels anti-feminist to me) and he doesn't want to take mine as it's not very pretty, we're really thinking we might do it. Love that you did it!!
    Oh, I'm so with both of you on this. IT doesn't help that my SO's LN is an average bear very common LN and when I get looked up in any system in the US I'm usually the only one (well with exception of my mom) - and I love that. But he's the last-male heir of his family name and my cousin who would be our last-male heir so far only has girls. I like the option of choosing a name from the family tree but I think we might have difficulties deciding there as well and he won't want to regardlessly.

I like Wonderous would be a kick-ass mn. (As a first I think it's a little on-the-nose).
    CONSTRUCTION ZONE!!!
    maybe Endora, Dexter, Gideon & Lorelei
    Newlywed (Not TTC...yet)

Mirabel means wondrous, if that's any help?

Adore the story of your surname! My partner and I also plan on taking a new surname we've created when we get married (but it's a combination of our surnames). I think creative ways to get around the problem of the woman traditionally taking her husband's surname are fabulous!

Annora Juliet, Elspeth, Verity, Zelda, Josephine, Marianne, Rosemary Constance
    Edmund Henry, Wesley, Jonah, Gilbert, August, Winston, Hugh Theodore

I prefer Wondrous Strange to Wondrous Love. Wondrous is pretty far-out, but the world needs eccentrically-named people. Cytheria is slithery lovely. I know a Wonderly if that's any consolation. Father was a poet. I believe her name is actually a family surname.