Names Searched Right Now:
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Felix!

Quote Originally Posted by characternamer View Post
    I like it in theory, but growing up with a completely unisex name and being confused for a boy several times sort of ruins names crossing genders for me.
    I like using Felicity or Felicia on papers and at school, but Felix as a 100%-of-the-time nickname.
    I grew up with a "boys name" and I was never picked on or given a hard time for it. I think times are changing and kids have more unusual names now, I don't think picking on someone over their name is as common as it used to be.
    My cherished daughter, Rowan Jane. ~b. 10/2011~

Sawyer ~ Aven ~ Elowen ~ Sage ~ Eilonwy ~ Eleanor
    Morgan ~ Asher ~ ___ ~ ___ ~ Currently trying to fill the blanks...

Trying for #2 in January 2014.

I really dislike Felicity and Felicia, they would definitely not be options. Only Felix. And as others have pointed out, Felix is just Latin for happiness... there's no gender assigned to it.
    My cherished daughter, Rowan Jane. ~b. 10/2011~

Sawyer ~ Aven ~ Elowen ~ Sage ~ Eilonwy ~ Eleanor
    Morgan ~ Asher ~ ___ ~ ___ ~ Currently trying to fill the blanks...

Trying for #2 in January 2014.

Rowan and Felix are lovely together.

I love your naming style!

And I LOVED Felix on Master Chef. She was a spunky, persistent, winner-takes-all kind of chick.
    mamacravings.com
    Everything a mama could want

Blessed mama to 3 year-old Elijah Myles & to 6 precious angels babies.

crushes:
    Amelia Wren, Charlotte Adair, Josepine Elise, Genevieve Ruth, Susanna Caroline, Cordelia Mae

Josiah Davis, Charles Asher, Jeremiah August, Lawrence Henry

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by plutophelia View Post
    I don't think there is any such thing as 'too popular' these days because people are being more and more creative with their naming choices. I do understand what you mean though, you want something unique! I love boy names on girls and in certain circumstances girl names for boys! Think greek/roman mythology names such as Phaedra, Peaches Geldof's son and Artemis which is the name attributed to the godess of the moon. Naming a girl Felix, in my opinion, shakes away any stigma it might have because of its popularity. Hilary is also a good option for a 'happy' girl name, but maybe that is because it is my name!
    Hilary is my name too!!!

Oh I watched that show and hated that a girl was named Felix! There was also a girl named Monty! For some reason I think that is okay. It really suited her, and it was probably a nickname and not her real name. Felix's parent's probably didn't realize that Felix is a boy's name! Fiona is better for a girl.