Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Felix!

I dont know that it will ever truly make the transition to unisex land. Definitely not too popular in the foreseeable future either.
    I can envision a little girl and even a teen with the name Felix, but I don't know that it would work on a grown woman as much....
    I also think Cordelia is a bit too frilly to pair with it.
    Felix Cora on the other hand....
    Mama to ~Rowan Josephine 1/12~
    and ~Teagan Dahlia~ 5/13~

Quote Originally Posted by mischa View Post
    Your daughter Rowan's name is unisex. Felix is not. It's all-male. A male saint's name at that (and that's a sacred association to some religious people like me). It saddens me that anyone would choose it for a girl. I don't think it works for a girl and why consider it when there is a perfectly fine feminine forms like Felicity or Felice? It's also very different in style to Rowan. I think Sawyer is a better "fit" with Rowan. Alternatives: Phoenix, Calix or Lennox.
    This.

There were only 15 female Felix's born in 2012. It's definitely NOT being anything close to a unisex name. It is a boys name.

I agree that if it must be used on a girl, Felix would be best as a nickname for Felicity. By the way, Felix would be an awesome name as a brother to Silas.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

Quote Originally Posted by scarletrune View Post
    This.

There were only 15 female Felix's born in 2012. It's definitely NOT being anything close to a unisex name. It is a boys name.

I agree that if it must be used on a girl, Felix would be best as a nickname for Felicity. By the way, Felix would be an awesome name as a brother to Silas.
    I strongly dislike Felicity so that is definitely not an option. I am also considering Silas for a girl or boy, as with most of the names on my list.
    My cherished daughter, Rowan Jane. ~b. 10/2011~

Sawyer ~ Aven ~ Elowen ~ Sage ~ Eilonwy ~ Eleanor
    Morgan ~ Asher ~ ___ ~ ___ ~ Currently trying to fill the blanks...

Trying for #2 in January 2014.

I don't think people understand that I'm not doing it to be trendy or to push buttons, I just like certain names and I generally like them for both genders. I like a name for it's sound and vibe, the "genders" of names do not concern me.
    My cherished daughter, Rowan Jane. ~b. 10/2011~

Sawyer ~ Aven ~ Elowen ~ Sage ~ Eilonwy ~ Eleanor
    Morgan ~ Asher ~ ___ ~ ___ ~ Currently trying to fill the blanks...

Trying for #2 in January 2014.

Have you considered Filix? It's (part of) the Latin name for ferns. You'd get the nature connection to Rowan as well. Ooh, or Salix, Latin for willow!
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]