Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Felix!

Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post
    RGE; Felix on a girl works wonderfully. No, let me rephrase. Felix on your little girl will work wonderfully. I adore Felix Fae, it is beyond cute! I think pairing it with Cordelia is a bad idea, it just looks too different to me. You need a feminine name but I'd stay away from the very pink frills if I was you.

I have to say, I have been very opposed to the whole boy names on girls thing, but I really appreciate the way you work through the names, your naming style, how brave you are and the way you are able to find names that to me have always sounded completely masculine and make them sound adorable on little girls. I think you've got an amazing amount of gumption, and I really admire you.
    Aww thank you ottillie! I take that as a huge compliment.

I get what you mean about frills, Cordelia is only an option because my husband likes it... but its probably not an option with Felix. I guess I am going to have to start searching new middle options soon.
    My cherished daughter, Rowan Jane. ~b. 10/2011~

Sawyer ~ Aven ~ Elowen ~ Sage ~ Eilonwy ~ Eleanor
    Morgan ~ Asher ~ ___ ~ ___ ~ Currently trying to fill the blanks...

Trying for #2 in January 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post
    You could do Alix Fae. Alix is the medieval French version of Alice, you get the -lix ending, still has that slight masculine feel even though it is a legit femine name. And it's very chic in France at the moment!

I still love Felix though, just wanted to throw it in there!
    I actually love Alix and have considered it, but we know soooooo many Alex's it would be kind of unoriginal I think.
    My cherished daughter, Rowan Jane. ~b. 10/2011~

Sawyer ~ Aven ~ Elowen ~ Sage ~ Eilonwy ~ Eleanor
    Morgan ~ Asher ~ ___ ~ ___ ~ Currently trying to fill the blanks...

Trying for #2 in January 2014.

Honestly, I would roll my eyes and then feel sad if I heard of a girl with this as her actual name.
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin

Felix is adorable, but I hate it on a girl. It reminds me of Jessica Simpson naming her daughter Maxwell Drew. Awful! But I do think it could work as a nickname to Felicity, that is cute!

A resounding no on Felix for a girl, from me. I can't say no enough to that idea, I too would roll my eyes at it.

However, I really do like Felicity nn Felix (if Felix has to be used)

As for your Felix combos, I do like Felix Fae, but it's far too androgynous for my liking.

Other ideas:
    Alix
    Lux