Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Felix!

My favorite of your combos is Felix Cordelia but I feel like Felix Faye sounds better with Rowan Jane and sounds more like you... Does that makes sense?

I think I like Sawyer Faye more (stealing from your signature) than Felix Faye.
    Little Bean arriving September 2014

Zoe | Noemí Esther
    Lucas Emmanuel | Levi Alexander

Adele | Adira | Arabella | Aurora | Eliana | Elizabeth | Milena | Susannah | Zara

I love it! One of my daughter's classmates is a girl named Elliot and I wish I had thought of that one first. Felix feels similar to me, so cute and original.

Felix on a girl breaks my heart. But it's because I love it sooooo much on a boy I just can't imagine it otherwise.
    However, I can totally see your family making it work.
    I'm still hung up on Alys for you and could totally see variant Felix Elise working really well.
    Aurelia - Endora - Illyria - Lorelei - Merida - Ofelia - Penrose - Tabitha - Viola - Zenobia
    Alaric - Anton - Cedric - Dexter - Erich - Felix - Hector - Hendrik - Leonidas - Victor
    Engaged to the best Man in the World. (God-mama to Lawrence, a little bundle of sunshine).

You could do Alix Fae. Alix is the medieval French version of Alice, you get the -lix ending, still has that slight masculine feel even though it is a legit femine name. And it's very chic in France at the moment!

I still love Felix though, just wanted to throw it in there!
    Last edited by ottilie; May 20th, 2013 at 11:15 AM.
    My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014

Your daughter Rowan's name is unisex. Felix is not. It's all-male. A male saint's name at that (and that's a sacred association to some religious people like me). It saddens me that anyone would choose it for a girl. I don't think it works for a girl and why consider it when there is a perfectly fine feminine forms like Felicity or Felice? It's also very different in style to Rowan. I think Sawyer is a better "fit" with Rowan. Alternatives: Phoenix, Calix or Lennox.
    Last edited by mischa; May 20th, 2013 at 11:36 AM.
    All the best,
    Mischa.