Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Felix!

My favorite of your combos is Felix Cordelia but I feel like Felix Faye sounds better with Rowan Jane and sounds more like you... Does that makes sense?

I think I like Sawyer Faye more (stealing from your signature) than Felix Faye.
    My darling little Bean is a G I R L!
    Making her debut September 2014

I love it! One of my daughter's classmates is a girl named Elliot and I wish I had thought of that one first. Felix feels similar to me, so cute and original.

Felix on a girl breaks my heart. But it's because I love it sooooo much on a boy I just can't imagine it otherwise.
    However, I can totally see your family making it work.
    I'm still hung up on Alys for you and could totally see variant Felix Elise working really well.
    MAJOR CONSTRUCTION ZONE
    newlywed!!! (not trying...yet)

You could do Alix Fae. Alix is the medieval French version of Alice, you get the -lix ending, still has that slight masculine feel even though it is a legit femine name. And it's very chic in France at the moment!

I still love Felix though, just wanted to throw it in there!
    Last edited by ottilie; May 20th, 2013 at 11:15 AM.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Your daughter Rowan's name is unisex. Felix is not. It's all-male. A male saint's name at that (and that's a sacred association to some religious people like me). It saddens me that anyone would choose it for a girl. I don't think it works for a girl and why consider it when there is a perfectly fine feminine forms like Felicity or Felice? It's also very different in style to Rowan. I think Sawyer is a better "fit" with Rowan. Alternatives: Phoenix, Calix or Lennox.
    Last edited by mischa; May 20th, 2013 at 11:36 AM.
    All the best,
    Mischa.