Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Felix!

I think it could definitely work, and it fits in with your style... I don't think it will get too popular, it isn't where I come from anyway. I do like the idea of it being a shortened version of Felicity

RGE; Felix on a girl works wonderfully. No, let me rephrase. Felix on your little girl will work wonderfully. I adore Felix Fae, it is beyond cute! I think pairing it with Cordelia is a bad idea, it just looks too different to me. You need a feminine name but I'd stay away from the very pink frills if I was you.

I have to say, I have been very opposed to the whole boy names on girls thing, but I really appreciate the way you work through the names, your naming style, how brave you are and the way you are able to find names that to me have always sounded completely masculine and make them sound adorable on little girls. I think you've got an amazing amount of gumption, and I really admire you.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post
    RGE; I have to say, I have been very opposed to the whole boy names on girls thing, but I really appreciate the way you work through the names, your naming style, how brave you are and the way you are able to find names that to me have always sounded completely masculine and make them sound adorable on little girls. I think you've got an amazing amount of gumption, and I really admire you.
    Completely agree. There are certain traditionally male names that I think have no business being used for a girl, but somehow I don't think Felix is one of those, since, to me (and probably ottilie as well, since she is a saucy Classics minx,) it is a latin adjective when it comes down to it,that means Happy! What's not to love about that?
    Baby boy due October 2014! Current tentative name:

Sequoia Orion

Sorry, not a fan. You could always nickname a Felicity Felix but I would feel so bad for a grown-up woman with that real name.
    What about changing the name a bit(cruel for a berry, a know) and getting Felixia? Like your own feminization, I don't know...
    Felix Cordelia is cute but I am afraid it may not appeal to you after "boy name on girl" trend gets down.
    That all being said, I think you should use the name you love. That's not our business, that's your kid.

I actually went to school with a really posh, but extremely cool, girl called Felicity who was exclusively know as Felix. Because of that, it actually looks odd on a boy for me! It really suited her, very quirky and playful but strong and self-assured. She was sometimes called Fifi or Flicky or Lixy just for fun, but she was Felix on all her schoolbooks, bus pass etc and still goes by the name. In fact she hated Felicity. I think it works really well!
    ~ Mama to Juniper Elise and Arlo Edward James ~

Susannah - Celeste- Maybelle - Pearl - Callie - Eulalie - Clementine
    Another daughter: Susannah Maybelle Pearl or Celeste Maybelle Susannah

Asa - Tate - Rudy - Otis - Henry - Miles - Josiah
    Another son: Tate Henry Miles