Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Meh. Number 10.

Meh. Number 10.

Let me say right now I am so over this. I just want a top 10 I can live with, lol.

I have been stuck on Eva, Catherine, and Tess for the past several months for number 10 on my list, but I've been at a stalemate--this weekend I've managed to eliminate Tess, but now that I'm thinking about choosing between Eva and Catherine, I'm not sure I can really see me using either one of those, either. Eva, while beautiful and feminine and classic enough, always seems slightly off, and I'm not as in love with the nn Evie/Eve-Claire as I was when I first fell for Eva. I think it's lovely--I'm just not sure I can ever imagine me using it. And Catherine... on the one hand, it honors my mom and great-grandmother, in a very obvious way. I love the Jane Austen ties (although I'm not sure Catherine Morland or Kitty Bennet are the best literary namesakes, honestly...), and I like the nns Kit and Wren. However, it almost seems too classic to me (can you see Catherine as a sister to the names in my signature?), and I'm not sure I'm madly in love with Catherine or its nicknames. Out of the two, I think I can see using Catherine more, but I am not sure I really like my Catherine combo, either (Catherine Eliora Lou).

So, firstly--is either Eva or Catherine worth saving? Eva Felicity Claire (nn Evie/Eve-Claire/Evie-Claire, or just Eva, honestly) and Catherine Eliora Lou (nn Kit/Wren, or possibly Kitty or Cate... sometimes with the occasional nn of Lulu) are the combos as they stand (although I'm considering Catherine Lucia or Catherine Zoe, possibly... or Catherine Audrey?).

Secondly, if I were to use an alternative, it would likely be either Josephine "Posy" or Emmeline "Emmy"--they were both on my long list of crushes and I keep coming back to them, but I thought Eva, Catherine, and Tess were more "true" loves, so I never really added them. Does either one of them fit better with Isabelle, Arianne, Olivia, Violet, Rachel, Liliana/Lillian, Charlotte, Eleni, and Hannah?

Thanks, ladies!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle + Arianne + Olivia + Violet + Charlotte + Emmeline + Eleni + Grace + Audrey + Eva + Catherine + Tess + Zoe
    Caleb + Everett + Jack + Avery + Samuel + Zane + Brody + Declan + Caspar + Grant + Rory + Thomas + Peter

Do you need a top ten, really? What is it about that number?
    Of your possibilities, I like Catherine Eliora (nix the Lou) and Josephine. Emmeline is too close to Lillian. Eva is a bit too minimal with your other names.

Eleni, Hannah, Rachel - sweet Jewish girls
    Violet, Olivia, Lillian - sassy dames
    Isabelle, Catherine, Josephine - powerful, smart, beautiful

Arianne and Charlotte don't fit perfectly imo, though Charlotte could work in the Violet, Olivia, Lillian sister-set, and possibly in the Belle, Kit, Posy set.

I have same question with Emma. What's with top ten, Ash? Do you want ten girls? Please don't think I'm rude by asking this, just a bit curious.

I love Catherine more than Eva (especially since I read wuthering heights, eventhough I know, Catherine Earnshaw isn't a good namesake at all). I really like your combo, Catherine Eliora Lou. I think it's lovely, though I still love your previous maybe list: Catherine Eliora Fleur. Or the combo I once mentioned, Catherine Eliora Tess. Also definitely love Catherine Audrey (I'm biased since Audrey is on my list).

I tend to group Eva with Olivia, Violet, Hannah, Rachel, etc. Catherine with Isabelle, Arianne, Josephine, and Emmeline.
    Call me Cynthia, Angie, or Luna. 22. Name nerd.

Clemency | Clementine | Juliette | Helena | Isabelle | Annabelle | Evangeline | Seraphina | Rosalind | Violetta
    Vanessa | Audrey | Ariadne | Callista | Belphoebe | Bellatrix | Lyra | Valencia | Valentina | Laetitia | Cytherea
    Gavriel | Hermes | Flynn | James | Orion | Alexander | Caspian | Peregrine | Marius | Altair | Lucias
    Callum | Cadmus | Jason | Perseus | Theseus | Oliver | Éomund | Stellan | Amias

I'm not gonna say what I want to say because you already know

Ash, I am going to be radical and suggest a top nine. Did you know nine is one of the enchanted numbers that figure in fairy tales? It's good luck!
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post
    Ash, I am going to be radical and suggest a top nine. Did you know nine is one of the enchanted numbers that figure in fairy tales? It's good luck!
    Completely agree. 9 is the magic number
    Sequoia Orion born November 2014
    Other favorites: Cytheria, Arcadia, Seraphina, Caspian, Gideon