Names Searched Right Now:
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Interesting that you say that Lin means "fine jade" or gem, since the baby will be born in August!... While the Jade is not the Primary gemstone for August it is one of them

Sorry I think Madelyn or Madeleine is much nicer than Samara and I dislike the nn of Sam/Sammie for a girl. I think the nameberries just have a thing about not liking names with a Y in it that makes it look tryndy instead of classic.

I love Madelyn as well, and to be honest I picked the name Madelyn Grace because it sounded just perfect, It wasn't until I went on some different websites and forums that I realized how common it is!!

I like simple yet versatile names that work well for the athlete, the comic, the genius, and the judge.

Quote Originally Posted by reinm1a1 View Post
    I love Madelyn as well, and to be honest I picked the name Madelyn Grace because it sounded just perfect, It wasn't until I went on some different websites and forums that I realized how common it is!!
    You are right Madeleine is very popular and not that much in vogue now as it has been used for so long and therefore Samara being such a different but pretty name will trump it here. Nameberries go crazy when they think of another "Maddy" running around the school yard so I understand the negativity. Grace is also seen as a filler name in the middle name spot but seen as fresh and interesting in the first name spot. Eg Grace Evangeline.

I would prefer Madeleine over Madelyn as it is the classic spelling and put it in the middle name spot. If you love it enough and do not mind the popularity of Madeleine then it is an option but if you have doubts then think it through again and take the nameberry advice of Samara.