Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Doucebelle !

Hybrid View

Doucebelle !

I was looking at the list of medieval girl names and I find this.Douse is French world and means sweet so sweet beautiful.

What do you think?
    Do you think a girl with that name will be teased?

Sometimes it takes darkness and the sweet confinement of your aloneness to learn

Anything or anyone that doesn't bring you alive

Is too small for you

DAVID WHYTE

Yeah i don't like that. As an English speaker, i could see her getting called Duesh-Belle o_o Or 'Duce' (as in a terd) Bell....
    Wanting to be pregnant.

I'm not normally a person who uses this type of language but when I saw your post regarding Doucebelle I heard the terrible word of "douceb**." I know it's not pronounced the same way but it's also a female hygiene cleanser so I would advise you to keep looking for a name with less teasing potential.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Quote Originally Posted by mischa View Post
    I'm not normally a person who uses this type of language but when I saw your post regarding Doucebelle I heard the terrible word of "douceb**." I know it's not pronounced the same way but it's also a female hygiene cleanser so I would advise you to keep looking for a name with less teasing potential.
    This was exactly my thought.
    Mom to two beautiful boys Milo Joseph and Caleb Edward with a girl on the way

Magnolia Bowen Coralie | Luna Margaret Coralie | Poppy Susanna Lee | Flora Margot Caroline | Willa Bowen Coraline | Georgia Bowen Coraline | Elizabeth Cora Suellen "Bess"

Leo Jacob Redmond | Dashiell Elias Peter | Madison Lee | Otto Philip | Oscar Gregory Todd | Bohan Lee Matteo | Beau Thomas Matteo

Milo and Caleb (b. 5/2/12)

Thanks!

@mischa this was exactly my first thought of that name lol.

Sometimes it takes darkness and the sweet confinement of your aloneness to learn

Anything or anyone that doesn't bring you alive

Is too small for you

DAVID WHYTE