Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Nine days to baby and we haven't decided!!

You've heard all of it before as I've posted several times over the months... and we still have not settled on a name for this baby if it's a girl. We are hoping to name after my grandmother Ada Mae. I can't bear the thought of going back to the drawing board, but we have to love it. And I don't even know what the next step would be.

We started out both loving Audrey and were set on Audrey Louise, but I am not sure Audrey flows well with our last name. This or Audrey Lou are probably our top choices.

I would love to go for Ada, but I'm not crazy about the name as much as I want to be. If we did Ada we don't really have a middle, I like Ada Louise but dh thinks it's too old lady. I don't know if Lou works as well with Ada. Ada Lou. Hmmm.

Finally there is Mae. This is probably more of a contender than Ada. My husband does not like the idea of naming a baby Mae who is born in May, but it doesn't bother me and he will do it if it comes to that. I think with Mae we would do Mae Louise.

And finally, dh likes the middle name Love. Which I feel like I should jump on because he's the conservative one and I should take advantage of this moment of frivolousness that I rarely see from him. But Love? I'm just not sure. And with our last name it's a little too much like a sentence.

So it boils down to this...
    Audrey Lou
    Audrey Louise
    Audrey Love
    Ada Love
    Ada L____
    Mae Louise

You've all given me great L names over the months and I don't think anyone will come up with one we haven't thought of. I like Lillian but dh not so much. I think I'm just looking for opinions on the above. Let's just hope it's a boy because we love our boy name!
    Last edited by bluemoon21; May 20th, 2013 at 09:07 PM.

Sorry for bad English, I am from other country

I LOVE Mae Louise Israel! It has a strong positive association for me because of Louisa May Alcott, the author of one of my most favorite books, "Little Women." I really like it. I agree with you about the mn, "Love." It does sound too much like a sentence, given your ln. Good luck! I'm sure you will figure it out in time.

I love Ada Louise, nn Ada Lou....I definitely don't think it's too old-lady. If anything, I think Mae is more old-lady sounding. Good luck!

Adelise Mae
    Wanting to be pregnant.