Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I think a classic name needs to sound classy throughout a long period of time, but most of all it has to sound classy now. I respectfully disagree with pp's ideas of names like Helen and John. They are a bit dated, and I think they will be for a while. I would just be really surprised to meet a baby named something like that. They were popular for a very long time, but their popularity is waning so I don't consider them as classic. I think maybe these names are what I would consider as classic as it gets.

Anna and Elizabeth

James and William

Quote Originally Posted by cupcakelove888 View Post
    I think a classic name needs to sound classy throughout a long period of time, but most of all it has to sound classy now.
    I second the motion.

For men I would nominate William and James.

For women it would be Catherine and Elizabeth.

I agree wholeheartedly with the suggestions of Elizabeth, William, and James, and will add my beloved classic Jane.
    Simon, Eloise, Faye, Judah, Thea, Marina, Felix, Iris, Cordelia, Roscoe, Lydia, Jasper, Phaedra, Adrian, Lucinda, Jane, Wallace, Finnegan, Sylvie, Charlie, Juniper, Atlas, Matilda, Julian, Alice, Marlowe, Octavia, Jack, Marigold, Ruby Louise, Archer, Violet, Gabriel, Persephone, Dov, Louisa

Just a grad student, dreaming ahead...