Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by elea View Post
    Renrose, because there are so many transcription errors and typos, I check every name against marriage, death and census records as well to find the most common spelling. If a name on my list does not exactly match the birth transcription, it's because the birth entry itself doesn't reflect the most accurate form of the name (Amandus was mistranscribed as Amandine, for example).
    Ok so, I checked all but the crazy one and you're right. Those are there without the 'exact' setting and ignoring the birth date as 1863.

Alfred Mahershalalhashbaz is still a mystery to me... Where is that exactly?
    Last edited by renrose; May 20th, 2013 at 06:42 AM.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Beta read The Self Invention: The book is now complete. All chapters are up!

Ah, his name was Alfred Mahershalalhashbaz Clayden, but it has been mistyped as "Alfred Maharshalalhashba". The middle name is clearly meant to be from the Mahershalalhashbaz that is mentioned in the bible: http://www.complete-bible-genealogy....shbaz_2685.htm
    I mostly find the name in Norfolk parish records, where it was commonly later shortened to Maher.
    Trends, styles and quirks of British names:
    www.britishbabynames.com

Alice Alexandra Beatrice Mary Magdalene Eugenie Victoria - wow that's a mouthful and a half!
    ♥ Margaret Mary ♥
    19. Name nerd. College freshman.

~ Eliza Josephine ~ Esther Christabel ~ Harriet Aurelia ~ Mary Jessamine ~ Rose Georgina ~ Sarah Margaret ~
    ~ Asher Benedict ~ Gabriel Walter ~ John Constantine ~ Noah August ~ Reuben Alexander ~ Samuel Ernest ~