Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Effie nn for Fiona

I know, I know..back again. Effie had been suggested back when I was looking for nicknames for my daughter Fiona. At first I thought it didn't really make sense. But now I am starting to really think Effie is adorable. Do you think it's a natural nickname for Fiona? I know you can use whatever you like really..but I do like it to make a bit of sense. I haven't been able to find a nickname for Fiona that I love and as I've mentioned before, I'm struggling w/ the name Fiona altogether. So do you think Effie would sound normal as a nickname for Fiona or is it too big a stretch??
    Mom to Mhairi Elizabeth (March 19, 2010) & Fiona Lilidh (Dec 21, 2012) Baby #3 Due March 2014

I think Effie sounds like a very natural nickname for Fiona (and any name with the "fee" sound in it).
    Lillian Elizabeth 6.16.13

Ok thanks! I hadn't thought of the fee sound in Effie (duh). Was thinking Effie more suited names with the eff/eph sound in them.
    Mom to Mhairi Elizabeth (March 19, 2010) & Fiona Lilidh (Dec 21, 2012) Baby #3 Due March 2014

I think it works fine

Mama to Amelie Clara (2008) & Daisy Madeline (2013).

Alice Tallulah, Polly Matilda, Rosalie Faye, Lucy Annabel, Maya Lillian, Hazel Kate, Eva Blossom, Juliet Lila, Ivy Camille.
    Charles Joshua "Charlie", Theodore Samuel "Teddy", Elliott Daniel, Noah Zachary, James Oscar, Arthur Philip, Rowan Isaac.

The Fi- sound and the initial F lend themselves nicely to using Effie. It's a fantastic nickname for Fiona.