Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I love Harold right now! To be honest, though, I do see it as a bit of a fusty Grandpa name; but, for me, that's not a negative at all! It seems so gentlemanly to me, with an Old English feel. I think Harry would work very well for a teenager, which is the only age I can imagine Harold seeming awkward.

I also saw Requiem for a Dream recently and had completely forgotten that was the character's name, so I doubt most people would make that association, he's not a cult character. In fact, most young people are way more likely to associate the name with Harry Styles from One Direction, as I believe it's his full name (only found this out when researching the name Harold!), and so may see it as quite cool. I think the most prominent dimension of Harold is that it is a vintage classic.
    Last edited by caroline147; May 19th, 2013 at 04:19 PM.

Annora Juliet, Elspeth, Verity, Zelda, Josephine, Marianne, Rosemary Constance
    Edmund Henry, Wesley, Jonah, Gilbert, August, Winston, Hugh Theodore

Harold reminds me of the chubby kid on the cartoon Hey Arnold! And when I was growing up my mom's friend had a HUGE cat named Harold, and he was a mean as he was fat. How do you feel about Harrison nn Harry? Maybe your boyfriend would be on board because of the Indiana Jones association?

Thank you ladies!
    @stephaniebrooke: I like Harrison nn Harry!

I prefer Harald. It's how we spell it in Scandinavia, and it's a big royal name in Norway. It's actually the name of the current king, as well as two of the most legendary kings Norway's ever had. It's a big name in my family, I really like it, regal and handsome. Harold feels like a grumpy grandfather though.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Harald is great, ottilie. I have somehow forgotten about the king, wow.