Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    I share your enthusiasm for unisex names but, unfortunately, not for kreigh8tyv spellings. I pretty much agree with tay2thestar's sentiments:

Quote Originally Posted by tay2thestars View Post
    Emersyn Ruth - Honestly, I feel that the original Emerson has a more feminine and grownup vibe than Emersyn. Emery might be a good compromise between the sound of Emerson and the spelling Emersyn.
    I'm kinda puzzled over why some people think Y is a feminine letter. It's being used after long vowel A's and in place of O's and I's for tons of boys' names as well. Oh well. Just remember that creative spellings tend to not age well (in other people's eyes) and look less professional/grownup, and I always think that if you're going to give a kid a bit more hassle with them having to correct other people assuming it's the established spelling, it should be done for a more meaningful reason than trendiness. But that's just my two cents.

Emerson/Emersyn is definitely my favorite, but Kason is too similar for a sibling. So, like tay2thestar said, names like Emery, and also Elliot, Everly, Ellis, Ellery, or Ember could work as a compromise.
    Last edited by gretel; May 19th, 2013 at 02:43 PM.

I guess I'll vote for Callahan since it has the lovely nicknames of Calla and Callie. I actually know a female Callahan who goes by Callie.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

I'm leaning towards a name ending in an 'n' to match your other kids' names. Emerson would be OK, but the spelling Emersyn isn't aesthetically pleasing. I don't think any of them are quite right, but of your choices, I'd pick Callahan. The nn Calla is nice.

What about:
    Tamsin
    Teagan
    Thomasin
    Callan - this is much better with your sibset
    Gillian
    Sullivan
    Saffron
    Payton
    Auden
    Sutton
    Ashton
    Aisling/Ashlyn
    Hayden
    Logan
    Last edited by teagardens; May 19th, 2013 at 04:04 PM.
    19 year old name lover with impeccable taste (◡‿◡✿)

I like Embry the best, but not spelled Embree. It will be a headache for her and like some else mentioned, just seems forever juvenile. I cannot stand any girl names that include the word "son," even if Emersyn is spelled wrong, it still has the word in it. Callahan is butch IMO.