Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Iris Polly

Iris Polly

What do you think of the name Iris Polly?

Iris is for the flower and it's various meanings (language of flowers, etymology, personal, etc.). Polly is for the many Marys in our family trees without actually using Mary.

Thanks!

I like Iris and love love love Polly. However, Polly in middle name spot sounds a bit incomplete. What about Iris Pauline/Polina and calling here Iris Polly?
    If you want to honor a Mary, what about:
    Maria(mar-ee-uh)
    Mariah(mar-eye-yuh)
    Marielle
    Marie
    Masha(Russian nickname for Maria, rhymes with Sasha)
    Sorry if my ideas sound trivial, I actually like Polly but as a first name.

Iris Polly sounds very nice. it is a bit of a stretch in terms of honoring Mary's.
    I like simple yet versatile names that work well for the athlete, the comic, the genius, and the judge.

I like both names but they look too short on the written page and they're both two syllables. Polly is fine to honour a Mary. There were so many Marys at one time that people had to invent some unusual nn's to differentiate between them all - Mary>Moll>Molly>Polly. I would go all out and choose Iris Pollyanna. Do you have any Ann/Anne or Anna's in your family that you would like to honour?
    All the best,
    Mischa.

I like Iris but I'm not a huge fan of Polly however I think they sound fine together.