Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Iris Polly

Quote Originally Posted by mclevine View Post
    I like Iris and love love love Polly. However, Polly in middle name spot sounds a bit incomplete. What about Iris Pauline/Polina and calling here Iris Polly?
    If you want to honor a Mary, what about:
    Maria(mar-ee-uh)
    Mariah(mar-eye-yuh)
    Marielle
    Marie
    Masha(Russian nickname for Maria, rhymes with Sasha)
    Sorry if my ideas sound trivial, I actually like Polly but as a first name.
    It's funny you should think Polly in the middle sounds incomplete. That's actually why we have her in the middle to begin with. Polly to us feels childish and incomplete as a first name. Isn't it funny how we all perceive things so differently?

You've given very interesting suggestions!

I had completely forgotten about Polina. She's so sweet, and seems 'cleaner' than Paulina. Iris Polina would be darling.

Quote Originally Posted by paw View Post
    Iris Polly sounds very nice. it is a bit of a stretch in terms of honoring Mary's.

It's not honoring in the sense of a sincere wish to continue a name and keep a person's name alive. It's more of a familial connection without reusing a name.

Quote Originally Posted by mischa View Post
    I like both names but they look too short on the written page and they're both two syllables. Polly is fine to honour a Mary. There were so many Marys at one time that people had to invent some unusual nn's to differentiate between them all - Mary>Moll>Molly>Polly. I would go all out and choose Iris Pollyanna. Do you have any Ann/Anne or Anna's in your family that you would like to honour?
    Iris Pollyanna is so sweet. We have Anna on our list as another first name idea so I think it might be putting all our eggs (names?) in one basket to consider it.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by nomadia View Post
    It's funny you should think Polly in the middle sounds incomplete. That's actually why we have her in the middle to begin with. Polly to us feels childish and incomplete as a first name. Isn't it funny how we all perceive things so differently?

You've given very interesting suggestions!

I had completely forgotten about Polina. She's so sweet, and seems 'cleaner' than Paulina. Iris Polina would be darling.
    Ha ha, really funny That's may happen because of my love more vintage nicknames: Hattie, Lottie, Polly...
    I assume your pronounce Polina not like Paulina, don't you? Polina is actually a Russian feminization of Pavel and pronounced a bit differently. I also love mischa's suggestion of Polyanna.
    Victoria

Each magician has his own power sign...
    * Hector & Leontine
    ♈ ♉ ♊ ♋ ♌ ♍ ♎ ♏ ♐ ♑ ♒ ♓ are under transformation into heroes and queens!

Quote Originally Posted by mclevine View Post
    Ha ha, really funny That's may happen because of my love more vintage nicknames: Hattie, Lottie, Polly...
    I assume your pronounce Polina not like Paulina, don't you? Polina is actually a Russian feminization of Pavel and pronounced a bit differently. I also love mischa's suggestion of Polyanna.
    I don't pronounce them the same but they're equivalents to me--like Maria and Mariah.