Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Thank you so much!

I totally agree, it is very important he likes it and that what I am most concerned about but it is nice to hear other peoples thought on the name. I am happy it is getting a good response.

What would be a good sib name to go with it if we have another girl thinking wayyyy down the road since we have not even had our first.
    Would Delilah and Orchid work as a sib set or no?
    TTC #1
    Hoping to have a little Ragazzo or Ragazza soon.

What a beautifully unique name!

I think almost all flowers are up for grabs in the name department; the only issue I'd see with Orchid is if someone doesn't know it's a flower. In that case it will sound a bit harsh.

If you don't mind, though, then I'd say for sure keep it as a front contender. especially if your bf loves it too!

Thank you @flamingo! I agree but it definitely is not as bad as other names I have heard out there. It is all about what the couple likes. It is nice to hear outside opinions but it is so hard to get my boyfriend to like a name. He was even on the edge with Delilah so when I heard he liked Orchid it was a break through hahah

I know for me when I hear Orchid my brain goes right to a flower which is sophisticated yet exotic. I am all about classy yet a punch of edge.
    TTC #1
    Hoping to have a little Ragazzo or Ragazza soon.

It's seems like a bit of a mouthful, but if you and your boyfriend both love it, then it sounds like a keeper.

I do prefer switching them around though: Aurora Orchid.

Quote Originally Posted by scarlett13001 View Post
    Hi Berries,

So I brought up Orchid Aurora to my boyfriend tonight to see what he thought since I never know what he will like like and dislike. But I mentioned and Orchid Aurora and he surprisingly liked it. I was trying to find a middle name to go with Orchid since I like the name a lot. It is sophisticated yet different which I love. So I suggest Orchid Aurora, what do you berries think!? Yay or Nay? Thank you!

Our other name choice would be Delilah June. But I am definitely loving Orchid way more.
    Hmm...
    Okay I'm not an Orchid fan, for me the name does conjure up images of the flower which of course is lovely but I dislike the sound. I think Orchid does feel a little awkward. I like the concept but the name itself just isn't my thing. For me I prefer nature names that have a softer stance like Violet or a softer variant of the a floral name like Rosalie or Lilia. I love Aurora though and I think Orchid would work as a middle name for Aurora. Aurora Orchid flows far better in my eyes and sounds prettier. In my personal opinion I think Delilah June is sweeter.