Names Searched Right Now:

Thread: Egg Donation

Threaded View

Egg Donation

Hey -

A friend at work mentioned she was donating eggs this summer at a well-reputable fertility clinic in the area.
    It's something I have considered in the past (though never mentioned it to my family or SO) and was wondering if any of you have had
    experiences donating in the past. I'm one of those people who needs to make up my own mind like 95% of the way before asking/talking
    to close family and friends. Of course my SO would have a big say in whether or not I'd donate.

If you've donated...
    ...what was it like? How did it impact your daily life? How do you feel about it now? (Are you happy about your donation? Are you sad you'll never meet your potential biological children?)

If you've used an egg donor in the past...
    ...what did you look for when choosing an egg donor? What things turned you off? (I'm not looking to fudge papers I'm just curious if my grandmothers mental illness coupled with my families history of highly educated individuals with learning disabilities and old age diabetes would automatically make my eggs less desirable. <and now I feel ridiculous for asking>).

If you haven't donated or used an egg donor...
    ...would you consider donating? Why? or Why not? What would be your personal concerns?

I know this is a really personal topic, we talk about IVF and other conceiving issues so I hope this is okay as well.
    I really appreciate your honestly and thoughts. Thanks!
    Aurelia - Endora - Illyria - Lorelei - Merida - Ofelia - Penrose - Tabitha - Viola - Zenobia
    Alaric - Anton - Cedric - Dexter - Erich - Felix - Hector - Hendrik - Leonidas - Victor
    Engaged to the best Man in the World. (God-mama to Lawrence, a little bundle of sunshine).