Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    What happens when your teenaged daughter Katie thinks her first name is too childish and wants to go by Kate?

As someone with Auditory Processing Disorder, I turn around whenever someone calls a name that vaguely sounds like my name. If I was a Katie and had my mother a Kate it would drive me insane. Katie would definitely by mn material.

Valentina Katie works fine.
    ~lucy reine~
    ~ celestine eira ~ mary simona ~ elizabeth echo "ellie" ~ eleanor maeve "lena" ~ vivienne isla ~ celia matilda "cici" ~ catherine aiko "rin" ~ elsa verity ~
    ~ jasper red ~ evander lachlan 'evan'~ kai nicholas ~ ezra link ~ avery thomas ~ michael satoshi "mischa" ~ finn jeremias ~ ezekiel hayden ~ alexander rowan "sacha" ~
    guilty pleasures
    ~ tisiphone aria ~ alecto elpis ~ miya lucida ~ addison matteo ~ corinthian tidus ~

I think it's sweet that he wants to name the baby after you but using almost exactly the same name could get confusing, because Katie might not want to be Katie forever, the chances of her wanting to be Kate when she's older are high which means you'll both be Kate and that could get very awkward. Kate, Katherine, or Katie as a middle name instead could work though, Valentina Kate is very nice.
    Current Loves: Tobias Henry and Sebastian Keith

I agree with the others. I think it's quite sweet that he wants the baby to have your name. I just think it would be too awkward. I would either put Katherine, Kate, or Katie in the middle name spot or I would give the baby your middle name (what's your middle name?) or I would work on a name you both like.

What style of names do you like? What about him? I'm sure we can help you find something you can both agree on.

I agree that it's very sweet for your DH to want the name the baby after you, but I wouldn't use a diminuitve and think it's preferable to put Katherine or Kate as a mn as suggested above. What about using a name that has a similar meaning to Katherine ("pure")-- that way the baby's name could reference yours, but be distinctive?

Some possibilities:

Agnes
    Amala
    Bianca
    Rosamond (pure rose)
    Wynne

I agree that it's very sweet for your DH to want the name the baby after you, but I wouldn't use a diminuitve and think it's preferable to put Katherine or Kate as a mn as suggested above. What about using a name that has a similar meaning to Katherine ("pure")-- that way the baby's name could reference yours, but be distinctive?

Some possibilities:

Agnes
    Amala
    Bianca
    Rosamond (pure rose)
    Wynne