Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Would you name your child the same name as-

- a friend who lives in the same city/town has named her child

- a friend who lives futher away has named her child

- an acquaintance of yours has named her child

If you really loved the name?
    Excludes my top 7 girls and top 7 boys names.

girls reserve list - Lucia(loo-see-a) - Orla -Kitty (katherine) - Iris - Celia - Ilona(ee-low-na)

boys RL - Caspar - Tristan - Rowan - Charles (not charlie)

Note: Official names in brackets and they are just that 'official'.

Honestly, i'm the type who doesn't want to share.
    So if someone else takes claim to the name first, even if i've always liked it, it ruins it for me.
    I did know of someone from my old home town that named her daughter Rowan a few months before I was due. But I knew I would never see her again and our kids would never meet so I kept it. But if I thought for even a moment that they might grow up together, I would've deferred to another name from my shortlist.
    This time around I did my research on facebook. Making sure no one even remotely associated with my everyday life had a kid named Teagan.
    This is another big reason I stay away from the more popular names in the first place also.
    Mama to ~Rowan Josephine 1/12~
    and ~Teagan Dahlia~ 5/13~

Yes to all three... but less enthused about the secound one... friend might not appreciate what you did.. and its not like you can keep the childs name a secret bc of facebook and all

If I really loved the name and it was the name I had been decided on for a long time, or if it was the only name we could agree on, then I wouldn't hesitate to use the name.

I guess for me, it depends more on the closeness of the friendship, rather than the geography. Still, if there was another name I like equally as much, I would switch my choice unless it had been my #1 name since childhood. There are so many options out there, and I feel like I'm pretty flexible. Personally, I'd rather not repeat a name that's already in my circle.
    Lucia
    Eleanora, Iris, Maeve, Sela
    Balthazar, Bastian, Caius, Gideon

I think it depends on the name. If it was something popular like Olivia, I'd be more inclined to use it compared to something more unusual like Persephone. And I'd make sure there was a different middle. If the existing child was considerably older as well, as in not a newborn, it would make me more likely to use it - a baby Olivia isn't going to be in the same circles as a friend's four year old Olivia for the most part. It'll also depend on how close I am to the person - an acquaintance or work colleague isn't likely to be in your life for as long as your really close friends, and I wouldn't want to lose out on a name I truly loved because of someone I might lose touch with in two years time.

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George