Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Oh, how cool! Godiva is on my middle name list as it honors where my SO was born. I would probably never have the guts to use it as a first, especially if we remain where we are. I'd imagine hearing "You named your child after a company that makes chocolates??!!"

Last edited by bre; May 19th, 2013 at 09:40 AM.

I'm not sure Godiva is a great name - although it's very cool, daring, and recognizable without being at all common (yet still a name, not something "made-up")...the associations are maybe not the best. They aren't terrible, but I'm not sure Lady Godiva OR the chocolatier is something you want to name your little girl after.

But, I suppose the majority of school children aren't familiar with the story of Lady Godiva, and it's not something I've ever heard discussed in a classroom, so that teasing might be avoidable - to mature adults, the character is a pretty admirable one.
    Lillian Elizabeth 6.16.13

It's so pretty, and so unexpected. I don't think my fiance would ever go for it.

I guess I am in the minority but I don't like Godiva at all. Sounds too pretentious for my taste and nicknames...God?Diva? The only good thing is the meaning but I prefer Dana in this way. Dana means "given by God" in Russian.

God bless her parent. Godiva isn't really my style, but I love it when people use unexpected name. Godiva is so pretty.. brave choice.
    twenty-something name nerd. infj

Seraphina Juliette Audrey. Evangeline Laetitia Odette. Catalina Ariadne Helen. Valentina Bellatrix Yvaine
    Violetta Catherine Lenore. Isabelle Faustina Clare. Rosalind Anna Belphoebe. Guinevere Cassia Ottilie
    Vanessa Rose Aphrodite. Helena Edelweiss. Talitha Caroline. Aurelia Madelief

Peregrine Lysander James. Gavriel Alexander Callum. James Luca Auberon. Edmund Frederic Altair
    Perseus Arthur Flynn. Cassius Jason Alaric. Damien Alexei Orion