Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Oh, how cool! Godiva is on my middle name list as it honors where my SO was born. I would probably never have the guts to use it as a first, especially if we remain where we are. I'd imagine hearing "You named your child after a company that makes chocolates??!!"

o.O
    Last edited by bre; May 19th, 2013 at 09:40 AM.

I'm not sure Godiva is a great name - although it's very cool, daring, and recognizable without being at all common (yet still a name, not something "made-up")...the associations are maybe not the best. They aren't terrible, but I'm not sure Lady Godiva OR the chocolatier is something you want to name your little girl after.

But, I suppose the majority of school children aren't familiar with the story of Lady Godiva, and it's not something I've ever heard discussed in a classroom, so that teasing might be avoidable - to mature adults, the character is a pretty admirable one.
    Lillian Elizabeth 6.16.13

It's so pretty, and so unexpected. I don't think my fiance would ever go for it.

I guess I am in the minority but I don't like Godiva at all. Sounds too pretentious for my taste and nicknames...God?Diva? The only good thing is the meaning but I prefer Dana in this way. Dana means "given by God" in Russian.

God bless her parent. Godiva isn't really my style, but I love it when people use unexpected name. Godiva is so pretty.. brave choice.
    Call me Cynthia, Angie, or Luna. 22. Name nerd.

Clemency | Clementine | Juliette | Helena | Isabelle | Annabelle | Evangeline | Seraphina | Rosalind | Violetta
    Vanessa | Audrey | Ariadne | Callista | Belphoebe | Bellatrix | Lyra | Valencia | Valentina | Laetitia | Cytherea
    Gavriel | Hermes | Flynn | James | Orion | Alexander | Caspian | Peregrine | Marius | Altair | Lucias
    Callum | Cadmus | Jason | Perseus | Theseus | Oliver | Éomund | Stellan | Amias