Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Julius and Angelo?

After combing through the entire SSA list like the name nerd I am, I stumbled over two names I immediately fell in love with Julius and Angelo. Shivers. They are exactly the kind of name I adore: old-fashioned, distinguished, historical, antique, with a worldly feel and a steady rank in the 300s. And Julius even lends itself to the sterling nn Jules, a la Verne (and Winnfield).

Now I'm stumped. What names would you pair Julius and Angelo with? Is Angelo too, well, Italian to be a brother to Iris or Matilda? What do you think of the nn Jules on a boy? Any and all opinions welcome!

Matilda Sailor or Faye Matilda | Sylvie Winifred or Simon Atlas | Atlas Dov or Alice Violetta | Lucien Wilde or Lucinda Jane | Jane Lucinda or Jack Marlowe | Marlowe Charles or Roscoe Thomas | Charles ' Charlie' Wallace or Marigold 'Maggie' Wynn | Eloise Lily or Elliot Darwin | Iris Cordelia or Thea Marina | Jasper Augustus or Juniper 'June' Lovelace | Julian Felix or Judah 'Jude' Reeve

Just a grad student dreaming ahead...

Augs, I'm drooling! Julius, Angelo, Matilda and Iris would make a fabulous little group of Mini Augustas!

I love Jules on a boy. Love it. It was on my list, actually! And no, I don't think Angelo is too Italian for Mat or Iris. I think they're all different, but they go together perfectly.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Julius is absolutely handsome and I LOVE Jules on a boy. I have a friend nicknamed Jules, first name Julian. Angelo is also lovely, but for my demographic, very VERY Italian - a name that hasn't broken the barrier yet - but maybe that's different where you are? That being said, I do think that Julius, Angelo, Matilda and Iris is a lovely sibset and whilst Angelo does stand out a bit in my eyes, it can still work.
    [FONT=Times New Roman]
    [CENTER]~Ebony~
    ----------------------------
    [COLOR="#66cc33"]Ignatius - Jasper - Hugo - Edmund - Henry - Oliver - Rupert - Felix - Percy - August - Atticus - Amias - Otto - Barnaby - Arthur - Ezra - Hector - Charles[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="#cc99cc"]Antigone - Hermione - Harriet - Cordelia - Violet - Persephone - Beatrice/Beatrix - Clementine - Ottilie - Florence - Octavia - Drusilla - Agnes - Ida - Matilda - Xanthe[/COLOR]

[/CENTER]
    [SIZE=1]Previously ebonyeden[/SIZE]

[RIGHT][SIZE=1]avatar is my 8th great grandmother.[/SIZE][/RIGHT][/font]

I think that sibset would work. Angelo does seem clearly Italian, so it stands out as a bit different, but not enough to make it unusable with the sibset. And it is a nice name. I also quite like Julius (though I prefer Julian), though am not crazy about the NN Jules. One thing that has always kept me away from Julius, is in the part of the US I'm originally from there is a very big and famous 'smoothie' shop that is in every mall ever called 'Orange Julius' (like everywhere).
    Updated Name List- http://www.ebabynames.com/list/eff115- Vote away...

Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post
    Augs, I'm drooling! Julius, Angelo, Matilda and Iris would make a fabulous little group of Mini Augustas!

I love Jules on a boy. Love it. It was on my list, actually! And no, I don't think Angelo is too Italian for Mat or Iris. I think they're all different, but they go together perfectly.
    *fist pump* The Ottilie seal of approval!

Matilda Sailor or Faye Matilda | Sylvie Winifred or Simon Atlas | Atlas Dov or Alice Violetta | Lucien Wilde or Lucinda Jane | Jane Lucinda or Jack Marlowe | Marlowe Charles or Roscoe Thomas | Charles ' Charlie' Wallace or Marigold 'Maggie' Wynn | Eloise Lily or Elliot Darwin | Iris Cordelia or Thea Marina | Jasper Augustus or Juniper 'June' Lovelace | Julian Felix or Judah 'Jude' Reeve

Just a grad student dreaming ahead...