Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Calling all French-berries: What's chic in France?

As an avid forums reader/poster, I've gotten a pretty good idea of what's stylish in the US and the UK. I don't mean popular; I mean the fashionable, classy, not overused or dated names. I aspire to move to France at one point in time, so I wanted to ask the experts: What names are considered stylish, classic, etc. in France? As you can see from my signature, I'm totally in love with French names. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!
    | Arabella Monet | Henrietta Plum | Isolde Noor | Agatha Ruby | Marian Primrose |
    | Emma Berlin | Cressida Lilac | Jessamine Lark | Vivienne Snow | Ireland Eve |

Not too sure of what's the rage in France, but you and I share a love of two names-- Zoe and Noemí. A name twin!
    Zoe Milena
    9/12/14

And Elinor (though I prefer Eleanor) and Anastasia and Cecilia... Dindlee, I love your names!
    Last edited by namelover77; May 18th, 2013 at 05:54 PM.
    | Arabella Monet | Henrietta Plum | Isolde Noor | Agatha Ruby | Marian Primrose |
    | Emma Berlin | Cressida Lilac | Jessamine Lark | Vivienne Snow | Ireland Eve |

I'm not French, but behindthename.com has an excellent tool that lists the top names for different countries around the world. The most recent list for France I kind fine is from 2010
    Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

This Meilleurs Prénoms is really helpful for name stats in France: http://www.meilleursprenoms.com/site...ue/EnVogue.htm
    ^ This page in particular are the "In Vogue" names, so it's in categories of top names by year and by decade, climbing names, most common names from birth announcements, stats from Belgium, Switzerland, and Québec.
    Lucia
    Sela, Iris, Bronwen and Bastian, Fletcher, Gideon