Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarplumfairy View Post
    Twilight is nowhere as big as you make it out to be — and it's popularity will keep fading. In addition, all the characters' names (except Renesmée) are pretty normal and the average person wouldn't associate them with the series at all.

If you like Emmett, go for it.
    Also this..
    [FONT=Times New Roman]
    [CENTER]~Ebony~
    ----------------------------
    [COLOR="#66cc33"]Ignatius - Jasper - Hugo - Edmund - Henry - Oliver - Rupert - Felix - Percy - August - Atticus - Amias - Otto - Barnaby - Arthur - Ezra - Hector - Charles[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="#cc99cc"]Antigone - Hermione - Harriet - Cordelia - Violet - Persephone - Beatrice/Beatrix - Clementine - Ottilie - Florence - Octavia - Drusilla - Agnes - Ida - Matilda - Xanthe[/COLOR]

[/CENTER]
    [SIZE=1]Previously ebonyeden[/SIZE]

[RIGHT][SIZE=1]avatar is my 8th great grandmother.[/SIZE][/RIGHT][/font]

I would probably avoid it. I knew a girl named after a character from "Dallas". We were too young to have seen "Dallas", but ALL the adults knew and commented on it (often even joking about her name). My niece is named Isabella (nn Bella), and was born before "Twilight" became big... EVERYONE commented about her name (and still does). My sister often got people asking if she just really liked the series and named her daughter after it...
    Emiliana Pari Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Raphael
    Camellia, Valentina

Quote Originally Posted by sugarplumfairy View Post
    Twilight is nowhere as big as you make it out to be — and it's popularity will keep fading. In addition, all the characters' names (except Renesmée) are pretty normal and the average person wouldn't associate them with the series at all.

If you like Emmett, go for it.
    This. I honestly would never make the connection because I've never read any of the Twilight books nor seen any of the movies.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

I think Emmett is still totally usable! If you wanted to use Edward or Bella, it might be a different story... But Emmett is a totally normal name that just happens to be used in a book. However, if you decide to take it off the list...

Everett
    Bennett
    Current Favorites:
    { Adelyn :: Elisabeth "Elise" Kate :: Cassandra "Cassie" Vivienne :: Charlotte "Charlie" Lorraine :: Adelina :: Josephine "Josie" }
    { Everett Cole :: Adam Carson :: Camden Bennett :: Alexander "Xander" Mason :: Aidan Blake :: William "Liam" Anthony }

I've read the twilight series and I probably wouldn't think twice about it. Emmett is a good strong name! Use it!