Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    It's not really my cup of tea, however if you like it and want to use it, then go for it. I do think there are several feminine options that can be used to honor the name Evans (which have already been suggested). My preference would be Eva/Evia/Evie for a girl, but it's your future daughter
    D.S. lil Bam Bam

Absolutely not. It's a boys' name. As a middle it would be fine.
    Simon, Eloise, Faye, Judah, Thea, Marina, Felix, Iris, Cordelia, Roscoe, Lydia, Jasper, Phaedra, Adrian, Lucinda, Jane, Wallace, Finnegan, Sylvie, Charlie, Juniper, Atlas, Matilda, Julian, Alice, Marlowe, Octavia, Jack, Marigold, Ruby Louise, Archer, Violet, Gabriel, Persephone, Dov, Louisa

Just a grad student, dreaming ahead...

Quote Originally Posted by east93 View Post
    Definitely not as a first.
    Evan is a boys name.
    Evans is possessive.
    Evans on a girl just makes me think that she's property of an Evan. Dislike. It's self-defeatingly sexist in all planes.

As a middle, it's fair game since it's a family name. I'd prefere a variant, as it's more creative and personal: Evania, Evanna, Evangeline even.
    I completely agree.
    Thrilled to be mother to @gnes Ei1ish Madeline and Fe1icity Bridget Be@trice

If we'd had boys the list was: Godfrey, Seamus, Alexander, Michael, Felix, Peter, Ignatius & Sebastian.

If you drop the S, I like Evan for a girl. It is actually very pretty sounding, and I feel like it works perfectly well for a unisex name. Especially if you pair it with a classic "girl" name for the middle.

(Worth noting that I could be a little biased about my above opinion because I lost a (male) friend named Evan, and pretty much think it is a wonderful name regardless of gender now.)