Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Familiar but not popular

I've been following shieldsc post about a 4th baby name and I have started to doubt the names we have picked out for 2 more girls. We hope to have at least 4 children and we already have 2 girls. This quote from one of her post is really what got me thinking.

stripedsocks: "Tough call but I'll go with Felicity. I think the "familiar but not popular" is a good balance to Genevieve (I love Genevieve btw) which otherwise might be hanging out on its lonesome a little bit, compared to Alexander and Madelyn and Elizabeth."

I feel like we can't do really french names with Vivienne because Lilla will be left out. I love Lilla on it's own but it is hard to fit into a sib-set. I'm not really sure how to classify Lilla's name so that makes it harder for me as well.

I'm sure everyone is sick of thinking of names to go with Lilla and Vivienne.

More info below.
    I'm also worried about the popularity of our 2 current front runners?
    Last edited by sarab.cook; May 18th, 2013 at 06:03 PM.
    Sara Beth Cook wife to Ross Allen Cook 03.11.06
    Mama to Lilla Clare 12.05.09 and Vivienne Grace 03.16.12
    Sylvie | Rosalie | Cecily | Eleanor | Rufus | Jasper | Graham

I think Lila is multi-cultural classic with stylish feel. Lila and Vivienne have double letters and that's the thing I think you should start from.
    Some name ideas to go with both Lila and Vivienne:
    Georgia
    Penelope
    Susanna
    Barbara/Varvara
    Nancy/Nana
    Willow
    Iris/Isis
    And non-related ideas:
    Aubrey/Audrey
    Gemma
    Miriam
    Cecilia/Cecily

Elise

I haven't been following your other posts, but I think Lilla is a really pretty name, and Vivienne fits with her sister nicely. Other names I think would fit are:

Mabel
    Ivy
    Hazel
    Charlotte
    Daphne
    Phoebe
    Mom to three boys & Expecting #4 October 2014!!

Good names! I have niece named Georgia and her name does sound lovely with my girls. I'm liking Penelope, Iris, Charlotte, Rosalie. So I'm not sure why I didn't think of this sooner but I tell my girls they are my sweet southern belles even when I was expecting. So I guess I'm looking for more southern belle names. Also I think I'm having issues keeping them Vintage Eclectic - Lilla and Vivienne are both vintage names but are still very different from one another I don't want any other names to match each other or one of the girl's names. We really like Elinor and Penelope but I feel like they are too similar to one another. So we're considering Felicity same feel but a bit different. We also like Scarlett, Charlotte, Caroline, Adeline, Adelaide, Evangeline.
    Last edited by sarab.cook; May 18th, 2013 at 04:01 PM.
    Sara Beth Cook wife to Ross Allen Cook 03.11.06
    Mama to Lilla Clare 12.05.09 and Vivienne Grace 03.16.12
    Sylvie | Rosalie | Cecily | Eleanor | Rufus | Jasper | Graham