Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Alternatives to Charlie?

Just wondering what names you would suggest for someone who loves the name Charlie but hates the unisex factor of it.

I think I really like the cheerful nickname feel of it, mostly. Not Charles, just Charlie, by the way.

Thank you!

Archie comes to mind. Archie really reminds me of Charlie because of the 'ch' sound. I can't think of any that are as close. I think these sound friendly and informal like Charlie- Freddie, Benjy, Ike, Gus,Teddy, Billy, Albie,Tommy, Benny,Joey
    Last edited by lis09; May 18th, 2013 at 01:22 PM.

I still consider it a very male name myself. And there's still the Charley spelling

Other cheery nicknames-

Alfie
    Archie
    Teddy
    Bobby
    Robbie
    Freddie
    Tommy
    Harry
    Louie
    Georgie
    Danny
    Jack
    Billy

Actually, I really love Charlie & Harry and Charlie & Freddie together as brothers! So are any of these suitable alternatives?
    William ♠ Thomas ♠ Peter ♠ Henry ~ Rose ♠ Alice ♠ Ivy ♠ Lowenna
    Mowesi ~ Henwyn Kernewek ~ Mebyon

Archie was my first thought too!

Some others....

Benjie
    Johnny
    Ritchie
    Ace
    Tommy
    Teddy
    Chip
    Marty
    Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

Archie has been my first thought too. I like Alfie but the husband doesn't. I like Teddy quite a bit also. We considered using Ace as a nickname for a few names we had liked - Archer, Asa and Alasdair.