Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I live in the South of the Uk, but I have a welsh Accent.

Kianna is a name it's a variation of Kiana. - I just looked up the actual saying of this is kee-AHN-ah - I now get the AHN. word.
    Thalia - I also just looked this one up THAYL-yah - I personally like Ta-Lee-Uh though.

I agree with Ren's pronunciations, though I've never heard the name Thalia said out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by kellymarie1992 View Post

If you're in the south of the UK, I'm surprised you don't get EVE-lyn for Evelyn. I find that almost everyone down here says it that way! And I don't see how that pronunciation should mean Evelyn should be spelt differently. EVE-lyn is the most logical pronunciation of Evelyn to me. EV-lyn is a new one though. Is that a Welsh thing?
    Last edited by charlieandperry1; May 22nd, 2013 at 10:56 AM.

Acacia - uh-KAY-see-uh, Evelyn - EEV-lin - I don't get these ones . They makes me think the spelling should be different.
    Breaking ACACIA down for you: A = uh + CA = kay + CI = see + A = uh. uh-KAY-see-uh

EVE-lin/EEV-lin is the same. I've never heard anyone in South England pronounce it differently. And if you want to pronounce Thalia TAL-ee-uh you should spell it Talia. Different names, you see.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Kianna is a name it's a variation of Kiana. - I just looked up the actual saying of this is kee-AHN-ah - I now get the AHN. word.
    Looks like both 'kianna' and 'kiana' are possibly altered spellings of the Italian name Ciana (chee-ahna) which can be a nickname for Luciana.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Beta read The Self Invention: The book is now complete. All chapters are up!

I know a girl named Thalia, and she calls herself Thaal-ee-a. Like Al-ee-a, but with a TH sound in front.
    For Evelyn, I know another girl and she goes by Ev-e-lyn.
    But for the rest of your pronunciations, I think they're right!
    (\_/)
    (o.o)
    (><) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.