Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

False negatives?

Hi All.
    I'm wondering if anyone has has the experience of a late false-negative hpt. I have a history of hormonal imbalance and *slightly* irregular periods, though I do manage to menstruate every month for the most part... But my last period was March 15! Two home pregnancy tests have been negative (one back in April, one maybe a week ago.) I don't feel particularly pregnant, aside from having a bit more inflammation than usual and an aversion to milk (smelled lobsterish to me!) I have an MRI scheduled for Monday afternoon, but it suddenly occurred to me that perhaps I should get a blood test in case I need to hold off on the MRI... Is it possible that I could have undetectable hcg levels this late in pregnancy? Can one get same-day results from a blood pregnancy test? (Not sure I can get one on the weekend, and I'd love to not reschedule the MRI.) I started charting 20 days ago, wondering what was up. Thus far, I have an irregular sawtooth pattern, but no high temps that might indicate pregnancy or ovulation.
    Ok sorry that was a lot of information. Thanks Berries for any advice!

I've always had irregular periods, one of the reasons it took me about eight weeks to realise I had Roo in my tummy. I don't know about the rest of this stuff though... so I can't be of much comfort. Just wanted to give you lots of hugs (sending them with the faeries across the pond) and wish you luck! I really hope everything is well with you, sweetiepie. I'm thinking of you.

And I kind of like the idea of a little Emma Junior in your belly, even if it's too soon according to your plans.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Aw thanks Goosie. I'd be happy either way. I certainly don't want an MRI-scrambled baby though, so I'd better figure it out! Hugs back atcha.

Emms MRI is 100% safe in pregnancy. In fact occasionaly fetal MRI is performed to map out particularly troubling anatomy, particular for complex congenital anomalies.

But I see no reason why you shouldn't get a serum HCG level. Then you'll know for sure. Stress & travel can certainly affect a cycle, btw.
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Mireia * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Amal _ Hanan / Altair _ Fahd _ Ilyas _ Sajjad _ Saqr _ Tariq

I was going to say what Blade just said; I've always been told that MRI is safe during pregnancy since it uses magnets, no radiation. Baby is perfectly safe! I have a few chronic health conditions myself so that's why I've looked into it. I have also heard about false negative hpt's - the reasons they can occur are user-error, expired tests, etc.. Be sure to take the test first thing in the morning, during your very first trip to the bathroom. And don't guzzle any fluids within 4-6 hours before you take it because that can dilute the hormone level in your urine. So go to sleep and once you wake up in the morning, take a test then. That's as accurate a hpt result as one can get (making sure you're using tests that aren't expired as well, of course). Good luck!!!