Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Oliver Augustine Felix is here! Born in the car!

Oliver Augustine Felix was born on Sunday ... weighing 8lbs, 4oz!

He certainly surprised us! Sunday morning my contractions were 10-15min apart, and only lasted for 30 seconds, so I figured that we still had plenty of time. Then all of a sudden they went to 3min apart - and we live 45min from the hospital! Things really started to feel intense once we dropped our two-year old son off with the friends who were going to watch him. But I felt the same as I had when there were still 5 hours to go at my son's birth - and our friends only live 10min from the hospital, so I figured that we had plenty of time to get there!
    But just a little ways down the road, I started to feel his head crowning! I kept telling him, "wait baby, wait - we're almost there. Just wait a few minutes!" Then all of a sudden, I could feel his head being born! My husband had just enough time to pull over into a gas station, put on the emergency brake, and reach over to catch him! We were just a few miles from the hospital, so we just drove to the birth unit ... the nurses were so surprised!
    We're doing really well now - totally content. I guess he just couldn't wait to be with us!

We picked Oliver as a name that works equally well in Polish and English - his nickname is already Oliwek (pronouced Oli-vek, with the accent on the second syllable). Augustine is in memorial to a dear friend of mine who died tragically a few years ago. And Felix is just for fun!

I'm so grateful for all the help I got from the Berries when picking out his names!
    Mom to Julian and Oliver
    Favorites for girls: Halina, Beata, Persis, Iolanta, Dorota, Agata, Lucia, Victoria, Vesper
    Favorites for boys: Oliver, Reuben, Henry, Felix, Graham, Augustine

Congrats to you and your family on the safe arrival of your son, Oliver Augustine Felix. He certainly couldn't wait to meet you! I'm glad everything turned out well. His name contains three of my favourite boys names and I have a soft spot for Julian too! Good job!
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Congratulations! Glad he was all right after that unusual and exciting entrance to the world. Oliver Augustine Felix is a lovely name. Oliver and Felix are two of my favourites and I like Augustine but prefer August which wouldn't have worked so well in the middle spot. Julian and Oliver make a wonderful sib-set.

Wow, what an amazing arrival! You are both heros and I am glad everything went well. Congratulations on your impatient little boy, I love his name!

Congratulations, he sure made an entry! Hope you and the little one are doing well p.s wonderful name!
    Libby Felicity Annalise Isla Phoebe Carina Violet Martha Ariana | Iowan Macsen Henry Isaac Jude Freddie Aneurin Niall Adair