Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Jupiter?

It also just occurred to me that nicknames might be troublesome

Jupe? Peter? Ugh.

I like the idea of "Zeus" as nn, though, esp since Jupiter comes from the greek Zeu Pater (Zeus, the father)

I really don;t think it works as a girl name at all, though, sorry @ sabrinafair
    Baby boy due October 2014! Current tentative name:

Sequoia Orion

I think I could like Jupiter as a name, but I do think it works better as a MN. I've known several females named Juniper, and this has a very similar sound quality, so it almost feels feminine to me. But, nonetheless, I do think Jupiter could definitely grow on me as a boy's name, and though I would never name a kid this myself, if I met a Jupiter in real life I would probably think "awesome!"
    Updated Name List- http://www.ebabynames.com/list/eff115- Vote away...

Not a fan of it personally. Mostly because it doesn't really sound like a name to me. I have a hard time seeing it on a person. Plus, "boys go to Jupiter to get more stupid-er." Tell me I'm not the only one who remembers this ;-) I think it would be fine as a middle name though.
    Wife to Jordan.
    Mommy to Everett Callan, born 2010 and Callie Sage Eilonwy, born 2013
    and 2 fur babies: a male standard poodle named Shasta, and a female Australian shepherd named Scout.

If you have any questions about PCOS, infertility, ectopic pregnancy, or Cystic Fibrosis testing, please feel free to message me

I was actually going to say the same thing as javad regarding Juniper and Jupiter. Anyways, I think it's pretty cool! I'd still keep it as a mn, though.
    19 year old name lover with impeccable taste (◡‿◡✿)

Quote Originally Posted by whit32 View Post
    "boys go to Jupiter to get more stupid-er." Tell me I'm not the only one who remembers this ;-)

LOL! Yes, I hadn't thought of that in years
    Baby boy due October 2014! Current tentative name:

Sequoia Orion